Street Art

Iansky

Some amazing street art can be found around the "old lanes", student areas of Brighton and they are superb.

street_art_1.jpg

street_art_3.jpg

street_art_5.jpg

street_art_4.jpg

street_art_7.jpg

sonicbuffalo_RIP

When we were living in Florida, Lake Worth used to have a street painting festival each February. We used to go and see some unbelieveable images. I like yours too, in much the same way. Great artwork.

Iansky

Thanks again Chris,

It is great to see the street art (rather than the graffiti) on the buildings and the themes are interesting and vibrant.

Iansky

Thanks jaydean,

The street art in Brighton is good with very little graffiti, Banksy produces some stunning work but of late some of it (or rather where it was painted) has ended up in legal wrangling over ownership!

I am interested to know how his work was received in New York as I understand he did a trip and painted some images there last year.

jay_dean

Thanks jaydean,

The street art in Brighton is good with very little graffiti, Banksy produces some stunning work but of late some of it (or rather where it was painted) has ended up in legal wrangling over ownership!

I am interested to know how his work was received in New York as I understand he did a trip and painted some images there last year.
Yeah, his work is inspired. I bought this book a few years ago, fully recommend it
_DSC4621.jpg

Iansky

Thanks Jaydean,

Banksy is a local boy (well he originates from 30 miles away from where I live) so his work is well known here.