Nikon Vs Cannon Digital Cameras

Curt

Well I have both Nikon and Canon cameras. I think they are both fantastic cameras.
I have a Nikon D80 and a Canon G10 & SD900. I have a couple of Nikon F2s (SLR) as well. So I would say it’s a matter of personal choice. You can’t go wrong with either.

dragulajez

Mate this question has been debated for years. I have always used Nikon and never owned a cannon. The camera is a tool. Its whats between your ears that really matters.

Eltari

i find there is a slight difference in end quality of the image. Nikons have a slightly better quality image and the colours are alot nicer, especially skin tone. This makes nikons the better choice for serious photographers who want to make money from it. canons have a much wider range on accessories and are also slightly cheaper making them a better choice for the budding amatuer, who wants to play around with different types of photography.

I have used both sytems, canon more than nikon, and i don't not have a preference over the make. I look at each model individually.
The body's i have owned, in order are: canon 400D
canon 40D
nikon D90
canon 5D (mrk1, although my dad owns a mrk2 so i have played with that quite alot also)
nikon D700 (my current camera)