Pretzel's 52 in 2015

Pretzel

I'll use the Nikonites 52 list, in random order, no more than 3 substitutions (at my choosing, LOL)
I will incorporate random INFORMED* strangers into at least 25% of my shots. (*meaning, not snipes but rather with permission to get the shot)
I will post weekly.

I think that about covers it. Thanks for the challenge!

"Nikonites" Theme List

Abandoned
Arches
Architecture
Bark
Black and White
Broken
Chairs and benches
City/Town/Where I live
Close-up
Coiled
Colours
Columns
Crooked
Curves
Damage
Darkness
Depth of Field - week 1
Dots / Dashes / Diagonals
Duplicate(s)
Entrance
Extreme
Fast (eg fast food/fast cars etc)
Fence(s)
Fly
Fountains/Waterfall
Gates
Glass
Industrial
Isolated
Landscapes
Leaning
Leaves
Locks
Looking Up
Motion
Neglected
Night
Old
Pairs
Reflection - week 4
Repetition
Roadside
Rock(s)
Silhouettes or shadows
Stairs/Steps
Still life - week 2
Through a window - week 5
Unique camera angle
Vehicle
Water - week 3
Weather - week 6
Window(s)

Last edited:

Pretzel

Ok, I'm a little behind. End of year catch-up is in full swing at work, and when I get home........ I'm beat.

Been toying with this idea for a while, dunno if I pulled it off quite like I wanted, but I'm happy with the pic. You see, in the Living Room, I have my own end table. It's mine, to decorate as I wish. It's my chance to make my statement about "me". It's got an analog clock built into an old red lunchbox, a sign about life being better on the beach, a couple of shells, a beautifully carved ironwood pelican, a cool old garage sale lamp stacked on a few old and worn books, one of my fave pics from Florida this year (seen in the background below), and my wife's LEAST FAVORITE decoration - the biker gnome. She says it belongs outside, but I keep it on my table because it just kinda fits. (If you knew me... yada yada)

Well, THIS old biker is always dreaming of the beach, so I've always wanted to get a shot of the gnome in the foreground, and a blurry beach scene in the background somehow. Tonight, thinking of my project 52 (finally) I saw that the scene was right in front of me, so with the right "depth of field", I figured I could take a shot, somewhat, so here you go.

Week 1 -
depth of field - "Summer Dreams"

Dreaming1.jpg

BIG BONUS - I got to catch the shot inside! It's been nasty cold/drizzly/wet/freezing/other winter adjectives go here/miserable lately, so I've been dreaming of the beach even more often than normal!

traceyjj

I've never seen a biker gnome before, but I think I would be dreaming of summer too if I were that gnome so I could ride out again :D

Great start.

mikew_RIP

Its happened a few times i know but we had a gnome from around here travel the world, some one was going on a world tour and they stole a gnome from a front garden,then sent postcards to the owner from all round the world, supposedly from the gnome saying he was having a great time,on there return they slipped the gnome back into its garden.

Pretzel

I knew right away, when I saw "still life" as one of the themes, that I wanted to do something different. No fruit, no flowers (besides, Wendy set the bar too high for flowers), something unique. THIS was the first image I saw in my head when I walked by these artist's dummies in Barnes and Noble, and I figured I could come up with a few other ideas along the way too, so I bought 'em. Captured what I wanted, so I consider it 20 bucks well spent... do you?

It challenges me, too... I need to be a better Dad while I've got the chance.

Week 2 - still life - "Family"

Still Life.jpg