Ironwoods 52 in 2015

Ironwood

After changing my mind a couple of times on this I have finally decided to jump in and join the fun.

I will be setting my rules very loosely so I can complete this, my work keeps me on a tight rein.

I will use the Nikonites list in random order, but I will have 10 substitute themes that I can use at any time I choose, each substitute will only be used once.

I will post 52 photos in 2015, I will try to keep it as close to one a week as I can, but due to my other commitments, there will be delays at times, these will be made up as soon as I can get the time, or if I know in advance that I will be too busy, I may post a photo early.

Substitute list -

1- Agriculture
2- Boat/s
3- Flower/s
4- Handmade
5- Nostalgia
6- Offspring
7- Sepia
8- Timber
9- Warning
10- Wildlife

Themes-

Abandoned
Arches
Architecture
Bark
Black and White
Broken
Chairs and benches
City/Town/Where I live
Close-up
Coiled
Colours
Columns
Crooked
Curves
Damage
Darkness
Depth of Field
Dots / Dashes / Diagonals
Duplicate(s)
Entrance
Extreme
Fast (eg fast food/fast cars etc)
Fence(s)
Fly
Fountains/Waterfall
Gates
Glass
Industrial
Isolated
Landscapes
Leaning
Leaves
Locks
Looking Up
Motion
Neglected
Night
Old
Pairs
Reflection
Repetition
Roadside
Rock(s)
Silhouettes or shadows
Stairs/Steps
Still life
Through a window
Unique camera angle
Vehicle
Water
Weather
Window(s)

Last edited:

Ironwood

Week 1 - Abandoned.

I was driving home a different way yesterday because I had to detour to pick up some mulch for the garden, I spotted this old abandoned farmers cottage and thought it would suit the first theme for my 52.
Because I had to go that way again today for more mulch, I took the camera with me, today it is bleak and raining, yesterday was a beautiful blue sky day, but maybe the grey sky matches the subject better.

DSC_7644.jpg

wthorson

Week 1 - Abandoned.

I was driving home a different way yesterday because I had to detour to pick up some mulch for the garden, I spotted this old abandoned farmers cottage and thought it would suit the first theme for my 52.
Because I had to go that way again today for more mulch, I took the camera with me, today it is bleak and raining, yesterday was a beautiful blue sky day, but maybe the grey sky matches the subject better.

View attachment 131665
Awesome beginning Brad :) I like the overcast look with the abandoned house.

RockyNH_RIP

Week 1 - Abandoned.

Looks abandoned to me! :) Nice shot..

Pat in GA

Ironwood

Didnt expect that,nicely done

Nice take on coiled!! :)

Pat in GA
Cheers Mike and Pat. I did have something more conventional in mind for the "coiled" theme, but when I saw my bike as I was cleaning the garage the other day, I thought " That's it " :) .

Nice shot.....I like the abandoned shack image too. Hopefully you guys are enjoying your summer!
Thanks SB.
Its quite pleasant here at the moment, we are getting rain every day, so the temperature has dropped to a comfortable level. The humidity and high temps during the last few weeks of last year was a bit uncomfortable.