Really lucky.

Curt

Nikon 55mm f2.8 AF

Hey guys, today was my lucky day. I bought a Nikon 55mm Macro F2.8 AF lens.
It is suppose to be the sharpest lens Nikon has ever made, and very hard to find.
Got it for a couple hundred bucks. So I am very happy. Will get it this week.
Let you know how it performs and post a few pics.

Curt

Thanks guys, I know its no 105mm macro, but for the money (its very rare to find). Great for portrait work it will really come in handy. Sharp all the way to 2.8 . Its a FX lens to so it will work fantastic on my D7000.
I will post some shots when I get it :)

jcottone45

Congrats Curt, it is a fantastic lens happy shooting with!

The other lens I always had my eye on was the 58 mm F1.2 Nocturnal that was discontinued years ago.

Again good luck & happy shooting with it.

Curt

Got my 55mm today, love it. Shot a couple pics. a F.8 take a look...lol. :). may 18 2011 (3).JPG
may 18 2011 (1).JPG
may 18 2011 (2).JPG

Curt

Well I have just had this lens a couple hours, but what I see & feel I really like.
I read that people thought it had a cheap plastic feel, I disagree. It has a very solid feel
(made in Japan). It seems like a pretty fast lens (only used it outside so far). It AF really fast and smooth. It feels like a pro lens to me, with a fair amount of weight to it.
However it’s no Silent wave lens…lol. Kind of noisy when Auto Focusing.
But that does not bother me. Over all I love this lens, very sharp, very well made.
For a lens from 1986 it has the look & feel of a new lens. I got it for a song and it is in mint shape (just like new). So, so far two thumbs up, very happy with this lens.

Curt

Thanks Guys, looking forward to posting more pics, with this lens. Going to do some walk about shots as well.
See how it performs in that area. So far I love this lens. As I get a better handle on it I am sure I will get more out of it.

Curt

Posted four new close-up flower pics. in my gallery, using the 55mm Macro lens with D7000 body.
Check them out, let me know what you think.