Nikon D90 is now officially discontinued

fotojack

Amazing how Nikon likes to discontinue good cameras for the "latest and greatest" newer cameras. What a shame. That's like GM discontinuing the Impala and just making Cadillacs. Doesn't make any sense to me.

jcottone45

Amazing how Nikon likes to discontinue good cameras for the "latest and greatest" newer cameras. What a shame. That's like GM discontinuing the Impala and just making Cadillacs. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It a lousy ending for a great camera that from what I see paved the way for the current models.!!!

AxeMan - Rick S.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Makes sense to me Jack. Every time I have bought a "new camera" in less than six months it discontinued. Happened when I bought my 3000 and now when I bought my 90.

I chose to buy the 90 because it is / was the proven workhorse over my other choices of the "latest and greatest" who in my eyes don't have the track record of the 90. Still some "issues" that have not been worked out with those "latest and greatest" cameras that I was not comfortable with. I wanted a trouble free camera, that I would not have to be guessing if I had an issue with it or not. I'm not going to go into what camera is better than the 90 or what it's replacement is, that not the point of this thread and that debate could go on forever that's why I did not point out what my other choices were over the 90.

So, I 'm thinking about buying a new camera, what camera would you guys and gal's like to see be discontinued next?

goz63

I still would not change my camera. I love my D90. Just because the D90 is discontinued does not mean it is really going away. Just not in production. Even the D3 is still going strong in the used market. I would love to have a D3. I don't need a 26MP D3X.
Ironic that some told me a few months ago that the D7K was not a replacement for the D90 and now that is exactly what has happened. The D7K is a great camera but like some have posted, it does not have a track record yet. I think it is interesting that the D7K has already had a firm ware update and it took almost three years for the D90 to have one, and it was not a critical update at that.

fotojack

Same thing happened with my D200. It's out of production, but it's still a workhorse of a camera! Why they stop production of well proven products is beyond me! It would be like GM stop making Chevy Impalas and just making Cadillacs. Doesn't make sense to me. Do they think everyone can afford or want a Cadillac/D3? Anyway, that's my feeling on the matter.

sabroso

Sucks that they discontinued it. Mine had died on me earlier this year and I sent it back to get it repaired. I haven't even used my D7000 for a while now cuz I'm having so much fun using my D90 again. :)