Is this lens compatable with the D3300?

Bensnikon

This is the description, which is all I have....any familiarity and any idea whether this lens will work on a 3300 body??

[h=1]NIKON AF28-90MM F3.5-5.6 D ASPH MACRO QUANTARAY LENS[/h]a Quantaray Nikon Type AF-D 28-90mm F3.5-4.5 Macro capable autofocus lens

weebee

You mean this one?

$_57.jpg

Yes, it will. But it will not auto focus on your 3300. You should get a focus confirm though.

fotojack

Your D3300 does not have a built in focus motor. The lens you're asking about does not have a built in focus motor. Therefor, you can manual focus only. Your camera requires any lens you put on it to have a built in focus motor to auto focus, such as any Nikon lens that says "AF-S" on it. Other brand lenses that have built in auto focus motors will work, too.

Bensnikon

Thanks for all the helpful information. It was a steal on Ebay for $39 and I figured that I could live with Manual focusing, since I was going to be doing mostly macro photography with this lens....autofocus was not a necessary option.

The vender confirmed that I should be able to focus manually with it, so for the price it cost I see it as a nice complement to my lens collection with a limited purpose, but useful nonetheless.

Thanks again to all who helped me with this decision.