Playing with a new backdrop

Moab Man

Tried out this new backdrop. I like it and it looks better through the camera than it does with your eyes so that was a pleasant surprise.

DSC_2520.jpg

FastGlass

Sorry but not liking it. Looks like a backdrop. Maybe pull the subject away from it and make it out of focus may hide the fact that it's a prop.

Moab Man

Sorry but not liking it. Looks like a backdrop. Maybe pull the subject away from it and make it out of focus may hide the fact that it's a prop.

No way to get away from that. The warp of the light pole, buildings, and painted sky will always give it away as a backdrop. And I agree, some will like it and others will not. Regardless, I always appreciate feedback as negative or positive is always good. :)

RockyNH_RIP

Moab, no expert here at all but I am feeling the subject is somewhat hidden by the background... I find it distracting in this particular photo... Sorry..

Pat in GA

Eyelight

I like the backdrop. I think the glitch with the shot is the subject and background don't have much connection. Head shots would work almost anywhere, but 1/2 length or more needs the subject to be in character with the background.

My 2 bits.

Moab Man

All valid points. The height of the image is very short. I really need to get a small table and chair. Thank you for everyones' input.

realuvsdolphins

@moabman, I'm no pro by any means and have tons to learn but this is what I think. I think that the subject should have been wearing a different color all together. I feel like what she has on kind of washes her out and doesn't make her stand out. I absolutely love this back drop but maybe the subject wearing emerald green, red, orange, yellow, maybe purple. :)