Refurbished D750 $1889.96

sonicbuffalo_RIP

They may be out of them now. I clicked "add to cart" just to see if they would charge me tax, and it said to "select an option". Problem is the mouse is unable to click to select an option. I would be interested if anyone else is having the same problem?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
They may be out of them now. I clicked "add to cart" just to see if they would charge me tax, and it said to "select an option". Problem is the mouse is unable to click to select an option. I would be interested if anyone else is having the same problem?

Although I am not going to buy these, I was able to add 2 to my cart.

D750.jpg

Horoscope Fish

I'd love to get one of these, but I don't want to spend $350 for the Nikon grip. Anyone using a third party grip on their 750?
I have one of the Pixel Vertax grips but I can't recommend it.

On the upside, I was really surprised at the overall build quality, it feels really, *really* good.

The problem is the grip drains the batteries very quickly; even the battery in the body and even when both the grip and the camera body are both turned off. I lost roughly seven or eight percent of battery life an hour and again, this is with both the grip and the camera turned off and sitting on a table.

The only reason I have one of these grips is because I got it from someone else who sold it to me for next to nothing because of the battery issue. I primarily like a battery grip for the ergonomics so I tossed the dude a few bucks for it, knowing about the issue, and slapped it on my D750. What I've done is put a sheet of plastic over the data-bus so the grip doesn't "communicate" with the camera. It might seem silly but in the final analysis I wind up with the ergonomics I want even though the grip does nothing else. Well, I can store an extra battery in the slot, but I typically prefer leave it empty and shave the weight.

SteveL54

I may be mistaken (and please correct me if I am) but wasn't the D750 just introduced in September? And already they are selling refurbished?

singlerosa_RIP

I have one of the Pixel Vertax grips but I can't recommend it.

On the upside, I was really surprised at the overall build quality, it feels really, *really* good.

The problem is the grip drains the batteries very quickly; even the battery in the body and even when both the grip and the camera body are both turned off. I lost roughly seven or eight percent of battery life an hour and again, this is with both the grip and the camera turned off and sitting on a table.

The only reason I have one of these grips is because I got it from someone else who sold it to me for next to nothing because of the battery issue. I primarily like a battery grip for the ergonomics so I tossed the dude a few bucks for it, knowing about the issue, and slapped it on my D750. What I've done is put a sheet of plastic over the data-bus so the grip doesn't "communicate" with the camera. It might seem silly but in the final analysis I wind up with the ergonomics I want even though the grip does nothing else. Well, I can store an extra battery in the slot, but I typically prefer leave it empty and shave the weight.
I've read that about the Pixel. I have a Pixel grip on my D600 and it's been great. Have had mixed luck with Nikon grips over the years, so I don't mind going 3rd party, especially when the D750 grip is $350. I shoot primarily with 2.8 zooms, so I need a grip to balance the kit.