Selphie

zilla

I am not much for portrait photo's In fact I avoid em like the plague..But it is Christmas and I received a new Stetson from the wife.. So I took this selphie. The original had the tree etc but I like this edited version best.. Gave me something to do today besides veg in front of the tube..

Now if I could just catch that damn horse of mine

Attachments

• JimPortrait.jpg
    JimPortrait.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

zilla

Yes the glare is there. I really have no idea how to photo shop the glare out. I have a UV filter on that lens, so it looks like I am going to be purchasing another polarizing filter. Thanks for the kind words. The horse is in the barn staying warm and dry today, as am I.

WayneF

A photographer looking through the viewfinder can easily see the glare, and then just a slight tilt or turn of the head will eliminate it. A selfie makes that impossible, but a few tries at slightly different angles should work. Check your results and try again... Or could move the light a little. I think a polarizing filter might be the hardest possible way for a portrait, you can't see that either. The reflection does not help it, but it's a quite good picture.

zilla

In retrospect, I shoulda had my camera set to large/fine. I had it on small/fine.. I have since rectified that and will just leave it there for all shots and not worry about filling up my card. Thanks to all for the advice etc.