No longer an owner!

Panza

oLVkhV6.jpg

Picked up my little sister from the airport today. Decided to hand down my D7000 and 35mm f/1.8 DX to my her for Christmas because she gave me my gift early, socks :)

When she got it, she tried it out and noticed there's no zoom. I sat her down excitedly and taught her about the exposure triangle, manual focus, how to read the numbers on a lens (and showed her things that you can't read like coma and distortion from my other lenses), sensor sizes and megapixels. All the things I wish I knew when I picked it up as a hobby. I used my camera and we shot together in auto, s, a, m then messed with the settings and made her take photos of various things around the house while correcting the exposure and choosing the desired settings for the shot. It was more fun in these 3 hours than I've had in a long time.

I feel good, and a little sad. : ) I could've gotten an easy $500 for that! -- But a good second photographer is hard to come by.... hehe. I still have my D750 and my A7 at least. Hehe

hrstrat57

Well done, what an amazing gift....D7000 and foot zooming lessons.

Many could learn much more about the art of the foot zoom!

Bet you feel like a million!

Panza

Well done, what an amazing gift....D7000 and foot zooming lessons.

Many could learn much more about the art of the foot zoom!

Bet you feel like a million!
I taught this one how to drive a manual before teaching her how to drive an automatic, at 13 no less. : )

Deezey

Thank you for giving the gift of photography. Amazing thing you did there, giving a person a way to share their view of the world.

So when is she becoming a Nikonite?

Panza

We spent 20 minutes looking for the lens cap -- I sense great things in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Englischdude

wow what a fantastic gift. ive got an old pair of socks lying around here somewhere should you ever want to part with the D750 :D

How is she getting on? are we going to be able to see some results from your tuition soon?