Weekly Challenge Dec 24 - Dec 31: Topic "City Lights"

RocketCowboy

"City Lights" - Don Kuykendall's Choice

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL WEDNESDAY Dec 24
This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted between 00:00 UTC of the start date and 00:00 UTC of the end date.

RC-Ft Worth Skyline-1.jpg

This photo challenge is "City Lights". A slight take off on the "Lights of the Season" challenge, this week's topic is not seasonal but instead more generically any city lights. This is not limited just to larger cities, but can also include towns, villages, etc. Lights would be outdoors, and probably best seen/captured at night, but other than that let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. No gallery images or off-site links (flickr, 500px, etc) will be accepted.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Thanks/Like button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
This challenge opens up later today!

Can't wait to see what that new Christmas photography gear captures this weekend!

Shouldn't it already be open? 0000 UTC 24 Dec. was 17.5 hours ago. Am I wrong? It doesn't matter, I haven't taken my picture yet. Ha!

Last edited:

Eyelight

Shouldn't it already be open? 0000 UTC 24 Dec. was 19.5 hours ago. Am I wrong? It doesn't matter, I haven't taken my picture yet. Ha!

You are correct! Noticed a bit ago, but had to back up and look at it to make sure that: 1, it was yesterday and 2, it is today.

So, the shoot and submit period is open for the "City Lights Challenge"

RocketCowboy

Shouldn't it already be open? 0000 UTC 24 Dec. was 17.5 hours ago. Am I wrong? It doesn't matter, I haven't taken my picture yet. Ha!

Yup, I'm still chronologically challenged with the whole GMT/UTC time thing and what does of the week mean what.

The challenge has been open for over 18 hours now. My apologies for the confusion!

RocketCowboy

Get those images submitted if you got 'em! Great excuse for working out those Christmas gifts!

Submissions end tonight at 00:00 GMT/UTC, with another day for likes before the vote.