To screen protect, or not to screen protect?

Gadzooky

What's the consensus? I can see a lot of 3rd party solutions on ebay and amazon, but nothing from Nikon. I know the screen is scratch proof, but my screen is covered in finger and nose prints and I get really OCD about this - what do people recommend?

FastGlass

I used to have one on my D90 till I went to the beach and sand got behind it and then it got scratched. Bad Bad screen protectors.

Whiskeyman

I use them, because there is no such thing as a "scratch-proof" screen. Although the covers get all sorts of nose and fingerprints on them , as well. ;)

​WM

rocketman122

screen protector for sure! btw, the protector will also get noseprints fingerprints why I suggest u get it is to protect the LCD cover for aging and fogging as some have weared prematurely and make it difficult to judge images accuractely. my D3 is suffering badly. btw the external glass you look at and touch in not the lcd. the LCD is behind the external one.

fotojack

I always use the screen protector on my D300...kindly donated to me, by the way, by my bud Bill 16. :) A quick wipe with a micro fibre cloth and it's clean as a whistle....nose prints all gone! :)

Bill16

I always use a good glass screen protector on my DSLRs! I should see about one for my mirrorless V1 Nikon too, since they work awesome and are very well made(ggs 3 version in case your interested what I buy)! :D

Vixen

I've used a glass screen protector on both my DSLR's. Had no problems with them and when I see the amount of stuff I clean off every time I use them I am glad I have them ;)