More Rumors of a D7200

Rob Bye

Attachments

• Nikon-D7200-camera-logo.png
    Nikon-D7200-camera-logo.png
    17 KB · Views: 364

mikew_RIP

I have the only Nikon mirrorless i want for now,although happy with it for what i got it for i cant imagine the spec that would make me go that way completely,exeed 4 will that make better raw image files or just quicker processing in camera.

BackdoorArts

At least they fixed the buffer problem. Now the question is what will be the price? If it comes in at $1196 like the D7100 it'll be a nice camera for folks. I'll wait for refurbs to start flowing in before I replace the D7100 for wildlife.

mikew_RIP

At least they fixed the buffer problem. Now the question is what will be the price? If it comes in at $1196 like the D7100 it'll be a nice camera for folks. I'll wait for refurbs to start flowing in before I replace the D7100 for wildlife.

What if any advantage would exeed 4 be,the buffer i have learnt to live with.

Horoscope Fish

What if any advantage would exeed 4 be,the buffer i have learnt to live with.
Well part of the reason the "D7200" can have the deeper buffer is because of the Expeed 4 proc; it has the "muscle" to process frames at the faster rate. It also has the muscle to shoot better video at faster frame-rates, increase ISO at the top range by, I think two stops (but don't quote me on that) and extends battery life, meaning shots per charge.

PatrickDeBie

This would be a nice replacement for my D7000. While the D7100 is allready a good camera, the combination of model updates (between D7000 / D7100) and price difference doesn't justify the purchase for me.

This D7200 would be a better choice. Especially the tilt screen and the AF system would be a great upgrade!

Woodyg3

Contributor
This isn't enough information to really know what the new camera will bring to the table. What will the high ISO performance be with the new sensor? How fast and accurate will the AF be? And, of course, how many hard earned dollars will be needed to acquire this new beast?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

This would be a nice replacement for my D7000. While the D7100 is allready a good camera, the combination of model updates (between D7000 / D7100) and price difference doesn't justify the purchase for me.

This D7200 would be a better choice. Especially the tilt screen and the AF system would be a great upgrade!

Nikon's banking on ya! :rolleyes:

mikew_RIP

This isn't enough information to really know what the new camera will bring to the table. What will the high ISO performance be with the new sensor? How fast and accurate will the AF be? And, of course, how many hard earned dollars will be needed to acquire this new beast?

Dont know if your a realist or spoil sport http://

hrstrat57

Need D 400!!! Pro layout and at least 8fps with VG - and decent ISO perf up to 6400. Video tilt screen not needed.

​ready to buy today

J-see

I must say that the tilt screen is pretty good. I'm not using it often but am glad it's there when needed.

When doing wide shots from not so standard angles, I can check the distortion without having to roll in the dirt.

Rob Bye

I give this rumour extra credence, because none of the specs are revolutionary, just reasoably fixes for the little issues which have nagged the D7100.

I also hope that an uncompromised D300 replacement comes along - maybe like that D9200 which was previously rumoured.

Horoscope Fish

I must say that the tilt screen is pretty good. I'm not using it often but am glad it's there when needed.
I've already found it handy a time or two and I'm not a big user of Live View. I was pleasantly surprised at how robust how the build of the mechanism feels when you use it; that thing is SOLIDLY built. I do wish it was designed to rotate and fold-in to protect the rear LCD when not in use, though, like the D5300 screen does; then it would be perfect.

I give this rumor extra credence, because none of the specs are revolutionary, just reasonable fixes for the little issues which have nagged the D7100.
Excellent point...

J-see

I've already found it handy a time or two and I'm not a big user of Live View. I was pleasantly surprised at how robust how the build of the mechanism feels when you use it; that thing is SOLIDLY built. I do wish it was designed to rotate and fold-in to protect the rear LCD when not in use, though, like the D5300 screen does; then it would be perfect.

My previous opinion on live-view was "I don't need that crap". However; now I can preview my exposure, DoF, focus and keep an eye on the histogram while compensating, I don't think I'm not going to use it while shooting land or night. It's just too darn handy. I've been using it for every shot today and regardless what compensation used, the range I captured was spot on each time. Full to the right without clipping the left. And that without having to check each shot taken.

Horoscope Fish

My previous opinion on live-view was "I don't need that crap". However; now I can preview my exposure, DoF, focus and keep an eye on the histogram while compensating, I don't think I'm not going to use it while shooting land or night. It's just too darn handy. I've been using it for every shot today and regardless what compensation used, the range I captured was spot on each time. Full to the right without clipping the left. And that without having to check each shot taken.
Interesting... I'll have to experiment with it some more; as I said in the past I've not been a big fan but now I'm wondering what I may be missing.