B & H just informed me.......... My Sony A7 II will ship this afternoon!

TedG954

Surprise! More to come.

Thank you for your order and for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We have received your order in our system and everything looks great on our end. Your order is currently set to ship later today.
Once it does ship, you will receive an email with tracking information.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Surprise! More to come.

Thank you for your order and for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We have received your order in our system and everything looks great on our end. Your order is currently set to ship later today.
Once it does ship, you will receive an email with tracking information.

Congratulations Ted......It'll be great to see what that beast will do with your new lens! Welcome to the club!

TedG954

I've been bouncing back and forth about this purchase. Shipping 2 days "early" has decided it all for me. It must have been destined. :jaded:

As for Nikon........ my bag is packed at the door for a trip for some church interior shots via D800 and 24/1.4

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@sonicbuffalo
I see you have the A7.
How do you like it?
How is the I.Q.?

Hi Donald....yes, I like the A7....very good IQ especially with the 16-35 Zeiss and the 70-200 Sony. Both are f/4.0's. The mid range lens is the kit lens and is a good lens, but I'd rather have the mid range Zeiss. Glass is expensive, but not anymore so than if you were buying top of the line Nikon glass.

I truly haven't found any major flaws with any of the glass, or any hiccups with the A7. We just had an update to the A7 firmware a few weeks ago, and it now powers up quicker, and it corrected a few other issues. I love the sharpness of the images the camera produces. I had seen a lot of Sony's pictures mainly from their NEX line, and so I knew what I was getting into. I loved the IQ of the NEX line. I also found out that Sony makes sensors for the Nikon D610, the D750, and the D810. That should explain why I found the Sony to be a great camera. I wanted something less heavy and used to own the Nikon D610, and the Holy Trinity of Nikon's lenses. I found them to be cumbersome, heavy, and bulky. I love the size of the Sony equipment. Hope this answered your questions! If not, feel free to ask more.