Purchase Dilemma - lens advice

Gadzooky

I was all set to buy a D750 this week, today in fact, with the kit 24-120mm f4 lens which looks to have generally favourable reviews and would do me as a general all-round lens until I pay off the camera and can start working on some primes (the 24mm f1.4 looks so sweet, but costs the same as the body here in Switzerland).

Anyway, either there is a manufacturing bottleneck or this kit is extremely popular as there is none to be had in the country through the main supplier I use (!) so I was looking at alternatives and I spied the Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6g ED VR that won't break my bank and I could buy the 750 body separate.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this lens? Reviews seem to be favourable, Apart from some complaints over the weight, but I always get a squeaky bum when I start thinking about parting with that much money. Thanks.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Just add some grease to your squeaky bum, and buy the camera. It won "Camera of The Year" by Popular Photography, so you'll be very pleased. Then after you buy it, wipe the grease off. lol :cool: