FT-1 adapter

mikew_RIP

Got it this morning and have been out with the 55-300 on,first thing to say is i shouldn't have gone out,no sun and a solid blanket of grey cloud so these are probaly not representative and will add more as i get some decent light.It really does need good light to focus a slower lens like the 55-300 and i forgot to increase the time on so it was switched off every time i wanted to use it.

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

mikew_RIP

One of my lenses i really want to use with it is my 105mm sigma macro,just tried it in the front room on the cover of my mucky 30 year old bird book,its the old none motor lens but works auto exposure manual focus which will be just right for macro.

ISO 6400 cant get the WB right with using a normal bulb and it wasn't laid flat just propped up so some run off in sharpness

DSC_0286.jpg

PapaST

That's great Mike.

I've heard that smaller sensors have larger DOF compared to Crop and FF. I wonder if that actually applies and would help a macro shooter that is fighting the minute DOF that some shots can have.

mikew_RIP

The FT-1 will be nice for macro but i had another poor light session today with the 55-300 and am pleased i didnt buy the camera for wildlife,its just too slow and frustrating when the viewfinder shows you the picture you have just taken,when what you want to see is the next one you might take.Not at all unhappy with it for what i bought it for,if it had worked for a birding camera as well it would have been a bonus,to make mirror-less work for me i would need to see an uninterrupted live view in the EVF,cant think why this isnt possible to engineer .

Eyelight

The FT-1 will be nice for macro but i had another poor light session today with the 55-300 and am pleased i didnt buy the camera for wildlife,its just too slow and frustrating when the viewfinder shows you the picture you have just taken,when what you want to see is the next one you might take.Not at all unhappy with it for what i bought it for,if it had worked for a birding camera as well it would have been a bonus,to make mirror-less work for me i would need to see an uninterrupted live view in the EVF,cant think why this isnt possible to engineer .

Have you tried turning image review off?