d3200 Jittery Video

mkrevo

I have a new d3200 and have been testing the video recording. When I transfer the video it's jittery. I have set the camera to speed 1/60 and I have test recorded in 1080 and 720p. However, the playback is jittery, or stuttering. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. Very disappointed.

mkrevo

I am recording video on the camera and transfering the file via usb cable direct to my laptop. I import in Iphoto, and then drag the file to my desktop where the file gets converted to a quicktime file. But the file is jittery even while it's in iphoto. Any idea?

Sounds like it might be iPhoto that is the problem. I have done video with a D3100 and never had a problem. This one was with the D3100 a long time ago. Chamber Choir | Alabama Choir School

I have shoot several videos with my D7000 and D7100 with no problem. I use a PC and CyberLink PowerDirector 12

Prattville is a nice small town which loves its golf. Those three courses there bring in a lot of money into this town.

mkrevo

The video does playback on the camera smoothly. I will try to import the video in Final Cut 6, but during my earlier attempts, the program did recognize the d3200. I will try it and let you know. Thanks.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It sounds like you need more video or internal memory on your computer. Try shutting down some other programs before playing the files.

Sandpatch

My D5100 suffers a bit from "stuttery" video too sometimes, but only in videos where something passes at speed close by, like a car or train. It's like the subject moves a short distance between samples, so its movement isn't fluid. I have all of the settings made to avoid this and I have a fast card in the camera. I'm guessing that the camera's sampling rate isn't fast enough. It's not a big deal because I don't often shoot videos, but it's distracting. I run an i5 laptop with plenty of memory.

I've not thought about looking at the video using the camera's screen to see what it shows. Good idea LensWork.

Last edited:

Crash_of_43

By moving the camera slower as you are panning / moving that will sure make the videos so much smoother.....if you move fast at even 60 frames a second......the videos will shutter and you will see each frame by frame.......Good Luck