nikon sb-800 flash compatibility

Bill16

Hey folks! What pro F series models are compatible with the sb-800 flash? It seems to work fine with my Nikon F4s, and I imagine the F5 and F6 will too, since they are even later models. But what about the F3hp and older models? Any info on their compatibility with this flash?
I'll be getting my F3hp soon, but I'm not wanting to risk messing the flash or camera up. So any info would sure be appreciated! I can't afford to lose my flash going by trial an error, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your help! :)

mikew_RIP

Bill the F3 range had there own flash gun,it fitted over the film rewind knob,you could get an adapter to go on first but i cant remember what this extended your choice to.

Bill16

Thanks Mike buddy! I just went ahead and bought a Nikon sb-16 with the as-8 coupler to get a flash made for the F3hp. It was cheap at $29.01 dollars, and seemed like the best option since I do use the flash quite a bit! :)

Any info on the other Nikon f series camera models compatibility with the sb-800?

WayneF

Hey folks! What pro F series models are compatible with the sb-800 flash? It seems to work fine with my Nikon F4s, and I imagine the F5 and F6 will too, since they are even later models. But what about the F3hp and older models? Any info on their compatibility with this flash?
I'll be getting my F3hp soon, but I'm not wanting to risk messing the flash or camera up. So any info would sure be appreciated! I can't afford to lose my flash going by trial an error, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your help! :)

The SB-800 and SB-600 are very special, with backwards compatibility (film TTL, D-TTL, and iTTL) to work on any Nikon camera model. They do whatever the camera can do.

See the compatibility chart SB-800 manual pages 8, 9.

Bill16

Thank you my friend! That is great news buddy! :D

The SB-800 and SB-600 are very special, with backwards compatibility (film TTL, D-TTL, and iTTL) to work on any Nikon camera model. They do whatever the camera can do.

See the compatibility chart SB-800 manual pages 8, 9.