80-200mm f2.8 afs won't autofocus with teleconverter tc20e ii

StandsOnToes

Hey recently picked up a TC 20eII but I get it home and it won't autofocus with my 80-200mm f2.8 afs-D?

any ideas is this a comparability issue? I researched it online and nikons own website says the two should have full feature between them on my body (d7100).

while trying to focus the top LCD screen flashes between the 3d and single focus icon intermittently.

If I take the teleconverter off the lens works fine

Sandpatch

The only 80-200 I see on the list is the AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D IF-ED. If that's exactly what you have something must be defective or amiss. That's sure a beautiful lens you have!

480sparky

Do you have enough light to drive the AF module in your camera? Once you start using the combo in low light, you may lose AF ability.

StandsOnToes

Just tried it with my d5200 and it works fine.....

Dont nut understand why the 7100 would be different, I also notice a very very faint clicking coming from inside the camera with this combo attached....

StandsOnToes

Yes... No joy...

the aperture display will intermittently flash different stop numbers Or it will display the little triangle beside the stop #

im im beggining to think its a communication problem.... But the d7100 works fine with all my other lenses, and the d5200 is able to use the teleconverter/ zoom combo I'm having issues with...