RocketCowboy's 52 in 2015

RocketCowboy

I'm doing it!

I am using the Nikonites list of themes with the following parameters:

1. I will do all 52 topics.
2. Will plan to post up the pic each week, but not required. Will be done in the 52 weeks that make up 2015.

3. Will complete in any order, but will cover all 52 of the subjects listed.
4. Photos will be taken from any of my Nikon camera bodies, and any lens that can attach to those bodies.
5. If work travel constraints keep me from traveling with a Nikon camera for a week, I allow myself the possibility of < 3 themes can be completed with a non-Nikon substitute camera.
6. I am going to allow myself the 5 substitutions. I can substitute ANY subject in place of ANY listed subject at ANY time during the year 5 times or less (if needed). (Idea borrowed from Vixen)

Theme list

#ThemeDate or Check
1Abandoned
2Arches
3Architecture#8 3/31/15
4Bark
5Black and White
6Broken
7Chairs and benches#7 3/31/15
8City/Town/Where I live#10 4/4/15
9Close-up
10Coiled
11Colours
12Columns
13Crooked
14Curves
15Damage
16Darkness
17Depth of Field
18Dots / Dashes / Diagonals
19Duplicate(s)
20Entrance
21Extreme
22Fast (eg fast food/fast cars etc)
23Fence(s)
24Fly
25Fountains/Waterfall
26Gates
27Glass#13 6/16/15
28Industrial
29Isolated
30Landscapes#9 3/31/15
31Leaning
32Leaves
33Locks
34Looking Up
35Motion#11 4/4/15
36Neglected
37Night#12 3/4/15
38Old
39Pairs
40Reflection
41Repetition#14 6/16/15
42Roadside
43Rock(s)
44Silhouettes or shadows#15 6/16/15
45Stairs/Steps
46Still life
47Through a window
48Unique camera angle
49Vehicle
50Water #4 4/17/15
51Weather
52Window(s)

Last edited:

RocketCowboy

Since I saw others making the statement, I updated my original post to also make sure it's clear. I am not limiting myself to just my D7100 or a specific lens. I may use any of my Nikon camera bodies and any lens that attaches to those bodies.

I am also allowing myself the optionally use a non-Nikon camera for a small number of topics (< 3) to cover the possibility that I may be traveling for work and unable to bring a Nikon with me for that week/trip.

RocketCowboy

Let's see if I can't actually start posting some 52s! I'm well behind ... not because I haven't been capturing images (well, not weekly, but still more often than once every 4 months) but most of my images are backlogged in Lightroom while I learn.

I'll start with Water:

WRL-1.jpg

Blacktop

Let's see if I can't actually start posting some 52s! I'm well behind ... not because I haven't been capturing images (well, not weekly, but still more often than once every 4 months) but most of my images are backlogged in Lightroom while I learn.

I'll start with Water:

View attachment 151083

Dude!!! Everyone else is like at #17 and stuff!!;)
Let's get with the program...BTW. Nice shot!;)

RocketCowboy

"Architecture"

My challenge here was the rock texture on the building was trying to blow out, but when exposing for that the wood awning would be way to dark.

RCL-2.jpg

Last edited:

RocketCowboy

"Landscape"

One of the last pictures I'll use from the Rough Creek trip, this is when "golden hour" really hit home, as the sun was setting and going in and out of the clouds, the effect on the landscape was awesome! Hopefully i did it justice.

RCL-3.jpg

RocketCowboy

"Motion"

Wasn't prepared for the shot of three images I took of the helicopter, but I'm liking how they came out ... particularly this one which is the first of the series.

DEAF-3.jpg