NEW D7000's only $484 !!

Rob Bye

Maybe unsold bodies are clogging the pipeline? It would be interesting to know the inner workings of Nikon's distribution channels.

pk63015

It is a sure sign that they are clearing out the pipeline and distribution channels.. Normally this is a precursor to the announcement of a updated model...:cool:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Holy crap! Yeah, they're definitely moving inventory. At first I thought this was just excess stock, but then I noticed that the 18-55 that comes with the kit is actually the newer VRII one (smaller). Up until recently the 18-55 that came with the kit was the old VR version. So in otherwords, Nikon made a final run of new D7000's and realized that they weren't selling as fast as they hoped.

And to think I got my refurbished D7000 last year in June for ~$700.

Just edited the title to reflect the new price!

Horoscope Fish

I noticed the D7100 as low as $565 today Prices on the Nikon D7100 Body - 1513 - SLR - Best Offers - iBcart
Which leads me to ask, is it safe to order from places that sell them that much cheaper? It looks like new with 1 year warranty?
What would be the catch to these sales if any?
The only "risk" is that those are what's called Gray Market items. Some people have very strong feelings about buying gray market so be warned. There's nothing wrong with buying gray market but you DO need to understand what you're getting as far as a warranty goes.

Nikon repair centers will NOT honor the warranty, AT ALL; not even for the stated "one year". That's the biggest concern for most people. Warranty claims within the one year period have to be handled by the seller. So it's a bit of a gamble I'd say. By buying gray market you're betting you won't need warranty service, or that the seller is legit and will work with you should wind up getting a lemon. You can buy extended warranties for your gear from places like Squaretrade if you want.

Here's what Nikon has to say about Gray Market items.

I've bought gray market items, and will do so again in the future because the cost savings are so huge, but that's me. Some people want the full-on, 5-year Nikon warranty and I can't say that I blame them. It's personal decision, obviously, but I've never regretted buying gray market.

cbay

Thanks HF, don't think i'll chance it with my first ever dslr purchase. Won't be buying until the end of Jan. so maybe there will be even better deals w/ usa bodies by then.

richarddacat

How about this, exactly what I'm looking for, D7000 with a 18-140mm lens----$699.

Recently became a member of Blackstone Marketplace and through Blackstone my discount brought it down to $629.......plus taxes got it $688.
I'm happy with that deal and look forward to some great pictures!

Best Buy Search Results

Last edited: