New To The D700

wtlwdwgn

I've just purchased a D700 and 18-35G so I'm a new member of the club. Hopefully they will arrive soon and I can start shooting. The body comes with the grip, two batteries, and charger. This will be the first FF digital that I'll shoot with. I did have a D2X for a while before giving it to my brother who was a long time Nikonista. I did love how it felt in my hands and I'm hoping the D700 will be as good. :)

Bill16

Yes it's an awesome Nikon! I'm a newly joined member to the D700 owners myself, and I'm loving it! I hope you'll joint our D700 fan club group listed in my signature! :D

wtlwdwgn

The D700 arrived late last night. Here it is with a Pentax S-M-C Takumar 50mm f/1.4 mounted with a Kood adapter. I'll go out and shoot some with it later today. ;)

D700 50 Tak-304733.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The D700 arrived late last night. Here it is with a Pentax S-M-C Takumar 50mm f/1.4 mounted with a Kood adapter. I'll go out and shoot some with it later today. ;)

I had no idea that we could use pentax lenses on a Nikon mount. Does it really focus to infinity?

wtlwdwgn

Yes, the Kood adapter has a lens that allows infinity focus. I haven't noticed any deterioration in IQ. I have a cheaper adapter that's just terrible. Pentax S-M-C Takumar 28mm f/3.5 @ f/5.6. I imported the NEF as a DNG into Lightroom and exported the SOOC file as a jpeg.

D700 28 Tak-2.jpg

Last edited:

jay_dean

I've had a few Nikons in my time, and the D700 is one camera that i hold in the highest of regards. It'll not disappoint.