Not even close to 365 but...

Mike150

This is just my little experiment at forcing myself to be persistent at something.
I planted my Tomato Plants today. Two Cherry, two Big Boy, and two Yellow Slicing.

Now I'm going to try documenting one of them's growth, by "Trying" to get out every weekend and taking a shot. It might be fun, then again I might hate doing it. If I decide to quit, I'll let anyone interested know.

It will also give me more practice with my 105mm/f2.8 Micro lens. This is a lens I have problems with, but hopefully not for long. I will be taking a class from one of the local professional photographer/Instructors in the area. That will not happen until Sunday 5/15. We'll see if things improve.

Here is the "First Shot"
F8 1/1000 ISO 400 (didn't know it was so high)

11-5-7 Just Planted N.jpg

PS: That's Big Boy Tomatos, not Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick M

Lookin good, can't wait to get mine in, we still have frost warnings. That lens really shows the texture in the dirt.

Last edited:

Mike150

Lookin good, can't wait to get mine in, we still have frost warnings. That lens really shows the texture in the dirt.

Thanks Rick. I was trying to get the texture of the plant... LOL. Fortunately, Virginia is now beyond the frost worry. It was funny, because I didn't know there were that many earthworms in that ground. My neighbor was putting some of his in the ground, and came over with the tiller. A couple of passes around one corner of the deck and "voila" 100s of earthworm parts. If I remember my biology from a long long time ago they'll regenerate in a week or so. Just in time for another photo.

Rick M

Sounds like you're set for fishing also!

I think you got as much texture out of the plant as you could. The dirt is interesting to me because it shows just how shallow the depth of field really is. At that close range, at f8, you cannot get the entire depth of the plant in focus, a higher f stop may reduce sharpness overall. Sometimes we reach the physical limitations of the lens and it gets frustrating.

Mike150

I did take this last weekend, but was so busy I completely forgot to upload it. Honest I did. This was week 2

02 Week.JPG

Today was week 3 photo. Got kinda late before I took it, and was getting cloudy but I got it done.

03 Week.JPG

Last edited:

Mike150

Week 4. I wanted to take it over the weekend, but I have been a bit under the weather as well as quite busy.

04 Week.JPG

Attachments

• 04 Week.JPG
    04 Week.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
Last edited: