Zeikos ZE-NBG90 Battery Power Grip

goz63

I just found one of these on Craig's List. I contacted the guy and will pick it up as soon as I get back from the desert this next week. Has anyone ever used one of these? I am looking forward to the extra shutter release and the ability to use AA batteries in case I run out. Let me know what you think of these.

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Mark. Let us know how this grip works out for you. The experience some of us have had with these grips have been varied, from good to bad. I have the Phottix, BP-D80 which has worked very well for me. If you use AA batteries I would suggest the Eneloop type as they will hold a charge a lot longer than any other rechargeable. In mine I use two Nikon batteries with another set as stand by. I also have the eneloops, four sets, for standby and for use in my flash unit. The only drawback to the battery power grip I have run into is the added weight. If you are doing a lot of shooting after a while you do feel the difference in weight.

goz63

Joseph,
I will let you all know how I like it. I am not familiar with the Eneloop batteries. Where can you buy them? I am getting the grip for a couple reasons:
1. they say it gives added stability
2. the ability to use AA batteries
3. the portrait shutter controls and adjustment wheels

The reviews at B&H on this grip are really good. Pretty much all say they would not spend the money for a Nikon grip at 3X the price.

I won't be able to pick it up till later in the week hopefully. The government in it's infinite wisdom can't seem to figure out how to get us home from the desert now that our deployment is done and our replacements are here and trained up. Funny, they don't seem to have problems getting us here on time.

Joseph Bautsch

You find the Eneloop batteries on line. Do a Google "Eneloop" search. You will pay more for them but you will like them much better than any of the others.