Cleaning kit required for my D3100 & lens kit

eummagic

Hi all,
I noticed recently, when I view through the view finder of my D3100 with the 55-300mm lens on. I can see the small fibre like through the lens. But when seen from the front and rear view of the lens it is not visible. When using the 18-55mm lens it is not visible, meaning that the fibre like dust is not on the sensor/camera body but on the 55-300mm lens.

But this has not made any impact on the image leaving any spots on the image. But it distracts me when viewing thro' viewfinder. What cleaning kit should I use to remove it?

fotojack

Funny you should mention the 55-300. Just yesterday, I had taken a portrait of my wife with the 55-300. On viewing the shot on my computer, I noticed a small white speck near the centre right of the shot. I thought it was a hot pixel at first, but it turned out to be a flaw in the glass of the lens, on the inside of the glass! Phoned up The Camera Store, went down there, returned it, and got a brand new lens right there on the spot! On top of that, they even cleaned my sensor for free. Talk about service! These guys rock!

Sorry.....didn't mean to hijack the post. It just reminded me.

fotojack

Absolutely, Rick. An indispensable tool for your camera. Should be in everyone's camera bag. I have the original Lens Pen. As for lens cleaning...........works flawlessly. They sell under many different names, but it's all the same pen, made by the same manufacturer. Grab one at that price. Grab a few and give/sell them to your photo buddies! I highly recommend this tool.
Check out this website: http://www.videouniversity.com/shop/lenspen

Last edited:

eummagic

Thank you all for your responses, I have made order in ebay for lens cleaning pen + brush + blower. Hope this should help...

Thank you all once again...