Storm Lapse

Scott Murray

Ok all I am asking is 'Does this work'?

We are always trying to do something different, and this is my something different...

SHM_8961-Edit-2.jpg

Krs_2007

Looked at this a few times, agree with Jake. The star trails make me think its rain, even though I know they are star trails. The perspective seems off as well, the star trails are in front of the storm. Might work if they were higher in the image and not on top of the clouds.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry Scott but I have to say it doesn't work for me. There is no way you would see stars behind stormy clouds. The storm picture is strong enough to work all by itself, don't bother trying to add stars on top of it.

MartinCornwall

Have to agree with the others. The star trails are out of place. Not sure wether you put the 4 gaps in them on purpose to look a bit more like rain. It would have been a great storm image on its own. Even captured the movements in the trees to show that it was windy.

Pretzel

Ditto... my first thought was... was he aiming lights to catch that rain? Why isn't it everywhere? Why isn't it straight?

Then I realized it was a star mix. Threw the whole thing off for me.

WhiteLight

Amazing piece of work.
If you have super imposed multiple images, i suggest you try one without the star trails & you'll have a fantastic winner

Scott Murray

Its funny as the stars were actually there and did appear in between the clouds. Hmmmm I think I need to work on this but it was just an experiment.