Giottos YTL9353 Tripod

Lawrence

Anyone have one of these that can give me some feedback?
I can pick one up (new) for a pretty good price and am just about convinced to go ahead.
However when it comes to buying it seems I don't need much convincing so hold me back if I need to be.
I would also need a decent head to put on it so all advice/recommendations appreciated.
Cheers

TedG954

I use a [h=1]Giottos Pro Series 9314 Aluminum YTL Silk Road Tripod[/h]with my D800.

It is an extremely heavy duty tripod. I chose it because I wanted a tall tripod without having to use the center pole.

I believe Giotto makes a high quality product.

I use a Smith-Victor ball head that supports 40LBS.

As I said, heavy duty.

I'd recommend both items.

Lawrence

I use a Giottos Pro Series 9314 Aluminum YTL Silk Road Tripod

with my D800.

It is an extremely heavy duty tripod. I chose it because I wanted a tall tripod without having to use the center pole.

I believe Giotto makes a high quality product.

I use a Smith-Victor ball head that supports 40LBS.

As I said, heavy duty.

I'd recommend both items.

Thanks Ted.
This one seems tall enough for me without having to use the centre pole. Just below eye-level before ball head and camera added.
It is good up to 5kgs which I thought might be light but my camera with my biggest lens is just over 1 kilo so I guess it should be fine.

I don't have much time though as the special ends tonight so will have to decide pretty soon.

Going to go check on that head just for interest. :)

Bill16

I have a Giotto's tripod that my buddy Glenn gave me and it works very well! But I don't know what model mine is. I just know it's carbon fiber and it holds my gear just fine. I think it's well made and a worthwhile brand if from what I've experienced in mine is the quality they are all made! :)