Adobe lens profile correction

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Adobe CS6 lens profile correction seems to work just fine in addressing the lens "distortion". What do you guys think?

Caution: slight nudity images below. Do not scroll down if this offends you. :D

Have a great day!

D800E 044.jpg

D800E 063.jpg

D3s 039.jpg

D800E 076.jpg
D800E 083.jpg

D800E 092.jpg

Pretzel

Not sure about the CS6 profile correction, but I use the profile corrections in LR a lot, and I think it does quite the fantastic job. I've never noticed it to put "artifacts" like that into my pics though. ;)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Not sure about the CS6 profile correction, but I use the profile corrections in LR a lot, and I think it does quite the fantastic job. I've never noticed it to put "artifacts" like that into my pics though. ;)

LOL! It does correct some of the distortion and vignetting on the corners.

Glenn
Caution: Typos may occur randomly.

BackdoorArts

It gets applied to everything I import as a default and the only lens I have to remove it from are the Fisheyes as the Adobe preset attempt to make the rectilinear (and do a decent job when the MP's are big enough). In fact, on the Sony a6000's 16-50mm kit it actually knows it needs to crop to remove the vignetting from the lens edge at 16mm.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The photos look very nice, Glenn; however, as far as distortion is concerned, it looks like you need to remove a little more from their chest area. :eek-new:

;)

Scott Murray