New Announcements from Fuji, Sony, Oly, Samsung & Panasonic in Jan/Feb 2015

AC016

January and February announcements coming from Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Samsung and Panasonic! | Mirrorless Rumors

As time marches on and mirrorless cameras become better and better, it seems like Canon & Nikon just aren't interested in playing the game at the level of other companies. They are both holding firm in their comfort zone; though, i think the DSLR has hit a wall. Not they need more bells & whistles then they already have, but i believe that both companies need to change gears a bit and be a bit more revolutionary instead of evolutionary.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I have no need for mirrorless, myself. But that's because my DSLRs do exactly what I need them to do. I guess mirrorless is the future, but I can't quite figure out why. Maybe I need to do more investigating. One thing for sure, I've yet to see a mirrorless viewfinder that satisfied me, and live view is far from ideal for many situations. IMO.

My point isn't to bash mirrorless at all.Obviously it's exactly what a lot of people want. I think there are a ton of people like me, though, that still prefer SLRs, and Nikon and Canon know we exist and want to continue to provide the best SLRs they can for us.

This all conjecture on my part, of course. :)

Rick M

I'll be anxiously awaiting the Oly 7-14 (14-28mm) 2.8 pro to complete the Oly pro trinity! Now I just need to sell a lot of prints to pay for it!

Rick M

I have no need for mirrorless, myself. But that's because my DSLRs do exactly what I need them to do. I guess mirrorless is the future, but I can't quite figure out why. Maybe I need to do more investigating. One thing for sure, I've yet to see a mirrorless viewfinder that satisfied me, and live view is far from ideal for many situations. IMO.

My point isn't to bash mirrorless at all.Obviously it's exactly what a lot of people want. I think there are a ton of people like me, though, that still prefer SLRs, and Nikon and Canon know we exist and want to continue to provide the best SLRs they can for us.

This all conjecture on my part, of course. :)

I think the two will co-exist for quite some time, mirrorless may not be the "future", but just another option. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages, nice that we have choices.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I think the two will co-exist for quite some time, mirrorless may not be the "future", but just another option. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages, nice that we have choices.

I really agree. it's great that we have choices. It's sort of like back in the SLR/Rangefinder era. Both camera types had their devotees, and each camera had it's certain advantages.