Adobe LR update can't come fast enough

BackdoorArts

Last night I was doing some macro focus stacking composites and getting an error saying my start-up disc was full. Really?!?! Then I realized, I'm carrying 2 RAW files for every D750 shot I've taken since I started - the original and the DNG file. But not only that, when I delete the useless shots, LR only deleted the DNG file, not the parallel NEF (which has to be sorted and manually chosen and deleted). 30 minutes later I've got 20GB back.

My intention is to import all the parallel NEF files once LR supports it and then spend a night doing "Copy Edit From Previous" to transfer the DNG file edits to the NEF. Then I'll delete the DNG's (if you must know why the answer is held within other threads - suffice it to say I want and need the NEF over the DNG moving forward).

Come on, Adobe, don't make me wait until after Thanksgiving!! Pretty soon I'm going to have to keep the NEF's offline and move 'em back once they're supported.

J-see

I'm getting pretty tired of the conversion. First upload to the comp, then convert to DNG, then import in LR. When I'm done, I got each file three times.

At times I grab the D3300 only because I know it'll save me a lot of time afterwards.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Yes , it is a bit annoying.. How come aperture has support already? Wth..

Just came out yesterday, so it's not like they had it ages ago - plus Aperture isn't in the middle of finishing up the next release (I'm hearing LR 6 Beta in early '15).

To be fair, if I was a Bridge user instead of LR then I'd be good to go already now since ACR has a beta version that's been available for about a month now - it's just the LR engine that doesn't have the D750 available. I probably could have kept the D750 files in a separate directory, used ACR and then imported them into LR once they get support and moved the files then into my normal structure. In hindsight that may have been the better choice.