my first false color infrared

patrick in memphis

trying to figure out pse 11,there is definitely a learning curve.anyway let me know what you think and any helpful suggestions are always welcome
dsc_0124_copy.jpg

STM

Very eye catching and surrealistic!

I had lot of fun shooting IR film in the '70's, it always produced some interesting images!

BackdoorArts

Very nice. Is your D3100 IR converted or are you using filters? Or am I misunderstanding and you're saying that you've created a "false color IR" image from a normal RAW file? Shutter speed is listed as 1/4000s which leads me to believe that it can't be shot using a filter, so it's either a converted camera or you've just created this in PSE. I suspect the latter only because the red of the barn is very unnatural in an IR image and difficult to achieve in the color mix that you have in the rest of the image.

Otherwise the textures among the trees are pretty realistic for genuine IR, as is the wash of the grass (which always seems to overexpose), so you did well with the processing.

patrick in memphis

Hi Jake,sounds like u know about it photography.no camera not converted have filters but not used on this pic...hence false color it....I'm having trbl balancing actual or photos in pse11 since technically no" channel mixer" but i found something similar