Marcel's X-10 experience

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just another shot with the X10. I'm not using it as much as I'd like, but I find it interesting to be able to do close-ups in a pinch as well as general photography.

DSCF5833.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
What's nice with this little camera is that I can shove it in my jacket pocket and be ready to capture on the spur of the moment. I'm not sure how large I could print, but I've always been told that the best camera is the one you have with you when the opportunity happens.

BackdoorArts

They make a nice camera. I went back and forth repeated between Fujifilm and Sony as I looked for a nice mirrorless APS-C to carry around. Sony won out (a6000), mainly based on what I could justify to spending. Should be here today, so we'll see if it hangs on. I'm going to finally be getting out of the office for a bit of travel for work and I may not always be able to bring a DSLR along, so I wanted something nice and portable. I've got a week to play with it and we'll see if it sticks.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

They make a nice camera. I went back and forth repeated between Fujifilm and Sony as I looked for a nice mirrorless APS-C to carry around. Sony won out (a6000), mainly based on what I could justify to spending. Should be here today, so we'll see if it hangs on. I'm going to finally be getting out of the office for a bit of travel for work and I may not always be able to bring a DSLR along, so I wanted something nice and portable. I've got a week to play with it and we'll see if it sticks.

good luck with the Sony.....From the images I've seen, the A6000 takes some very sharp pictures.

AC016

What's nice with this little camera is that I can shove it in my jacket pocket and be ready to capture on the spur of the moment. I'm not sure how large I could print, but I've always been told that the best camera is the one you have with you when the opportunity happens.

People have printed up to 20 x 30:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/fuji_x10/discuss/72157629082372146/

and 16 x 20:

Re: X10 Print size: Fujifilm FinePix Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

In the end, i suppose it is up to you in regards to what is "acceptable".

AC016

You may want to look into the A7000 a bit before deciding on keeping the A6000. It is supposed to appear at CES in Jan 2015.

Sony A7000 to be announced at CES and cost $699? | Mirrorless Rumors

Here are the rumored specs:

The "rangefinder styled" Sony A7000 is coming early 2015? | Mirrorless Rumors

BackdoorArts

I'm an impatient man and I'll "need" it for occurs before they'll ever announce it. The package sounds nice, and it's the same price the A6000 is going for now.

PapaST

I'm interested to see how it works out for you Jake. I was in a similar situation last year and decided on the Sony NEX6 (possibly an older cousin of the A6000). It definitely travels well and it gets me into some shows that a normal "dslr" couldn't get into like a concert or circus. With the right lens it slips into a jacket pocket easily. Some of the lenses are fairly bulky though and that's a bit of a downer travelwise. I'm still searching for a walk around lens that is decent on IQ, price and still keep some compactness to the package. I think the Sony 18-105 f4 could fit the bill. Good luck with that.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

That is exactly how I wound up with the V2. . . so it starts. . . .