NEED A FIX to COMPLETELY OPERATE NIKON D3300 from View Finder with out LIVE VIEW

Suresh Saragadam

Hi Forum, I recently bought NIKON D3300,

I had a problem operating this DSLR in Complete Manual Mode using View Finder,

While using View Finder when i tried changing the ISO and Exposure with the buttons available,
The live view screen is switching on simultaniously while i chage the ISO and Exposure with buttons, Even i set the live view in off condition,

I best want to compose my photo and set my photo preferences while using View Finder,

Does any one had the same issue with this Camera NIKON D3300,

Any work around or FIX for this issue ...ISSUE OF ELIMINATING LIVE VIEW WHILE I PREFER TO USE WITH VIEW FINDER IN SHOOTING NIKON D3300.

Regards
Suresh Saragadam

Last edited:

Suresh Saragadam

I could change the iso with the fn button, but while choose to change the iso the live view is getting on even though i set it to off.

A mimimun research has been done reading the manual, I still wonder how is it not possible...........

Last edited:

J-see

If you use the normal button to shoot, when pressing it the info screen pops up but when you set focus to the back-button and turn the information screen off in the settings, you can push the back-button to activate the cam and do all settings without the screen. That is the scroll wheel and the Fn button.

J-see

Apparently you can't use the Fn button without activating the screen so it's only the aperture or shutter settings.

Suresh Saragadam

It did not worked, I changed to AE-L and AF-L Button to AF-ON now the Auto Focus is working from the back-button but still the info screen is displayed while i try to chage iso and exposure from the exposure button and iso(fn button in my case)

Only shutter spped is working without the info screen lighting,
I need to change the iso and aperture settings with out the info screen lighting on.

Last edited:

J-see

You can only use the focus and scroll wheel without the screen popping up. That's it.

Unless there's a setting I didn't find, on my D750 that's exactly the same as on my D3300. Nikon assumes we require two screens to see which setting we change, just to be sure. It's weird developer logic.

Strike that, I just discovered I didn't need to push the ISO button to change it on the D750 so only the D3300 suffers "dual information".

Last edited:

Suresh Saragadam

You can only use the focus and scroll wheel without the screen popping up. That's it.

Yeah i have turned off the "auto info display" in SETUP MENU.

The scrool wheel i am using it for shutter speed, the same scroll whell should work for aperture and iso without the help of info screen, the same scroll wheel is used to set iso and aperture but each time the info screen is displayed, which i dont required (causing lot of inconvenive when i am using viewfinder to composing the photo).

Suresh Saragadam

Unless there's a setting I didn't find, on my D750 that's exactly the same as on my D3300. Nikon assumes we require two screens to see which setting we change, just to be sure. It's weird developer logic.

Strike that, I just discovered I didn't need to push the ISO button to change it on the D750 so only the D3300 suffers "dual information".

Yeah i think some software update is required. And i am still wondering why is it happending with D3300 and with such a brand NIKON.

The lower level Nikons don't have as many features as the higher levels. On the D7000 and up they have more buttons and wheels so more can be done without the screen being on.

J-see

It's an entry model. They probably assume most that buy it require the big screen to adjust the settings. That might even be true.

I'd not hope for a software update changing that.