Sony's New PRO line of Mirrorless Coming Soon !!

AC016

Here is a link to the article on the newest camera coming designed for the PRO market. Sony Camera

Very interesting indeed. I really hope they have done their homework with this. If the A7 was just a "test", that was an expensive test. Anyway, it's Sony's money. I am actually excited to see what they come out with and am hoping that is surpasses expectations.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

World's Fastest Autofocus speaks volumes about the direction Sony is headed in....along with the close to 50 mp sensor and weather sealed. Should be a great start for te Sony Prolineup.

AC016

World's Fastest Autofocus speaks volumes about the direction Sony is headed in....along with the close to 50 mp sensor and weather sealed. Should be a great start for te Sony Prolineup.

50mp is a bit crazy. They are getting into medium format domain with that mp count. Something inside of me really wants this to work for Sony.

Rick M

The combination of phase and contrast detection is incredibly fast and accurate. It's also nice to put the AF point anywhere in the frame! It's surprising how similar Sony and Olympus technology is. Both going with 5 axis IBIS and Hybrid AF systems combining the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

AC016

49 AF points on my XP1, corner to corner, edge to edge of the frame. Though, i only have CDAF.... poor me. Maybe time for the X-T1.....

AC016

That looks nice too! I'd be interested to see how their film modes look.

You gave me an idea for a project for my blog. I have done one post comparing two film simulations, but i think it would be fun to do one for all of them. Fuji has a new film simulation, called "classic chrome". Though, us folks who have "ancient" Fuji cameras will not get that update. Fuji is only giving it to the latest cameras.

AC016

Post what you can, I'd like to see it. It's too bad some of these filters can't be selectively applied in raw.

Actually, they can. When i shoot RAW in my XP1, i can convert the raw in-camera. With the in-camera converter, i can choose from any film simulation. That means i don't have to take the same photo x amount of times. I will certainly do it, but i can't say when. I need to find a colorful scene so you can really see the differences.