D750 hands-on with Kai

Blacktop

That guy always annoys me. :indecisiveness: I watched one of his reviews once, and he was on a double decker bus bouncing around and acting stupid. After 10 minutes of that I shut the thing down. Never got to the review.

BackdoorArts

Kai makes me laugh once a video (mostly because he's just an ass), and by the end I always manage to feel like it wasn't worth the time spent. That has nothing to do with the information, only the delivery. Definitely more annoying than funny, but I'd rather watch him than some others out there.

That said, the intro here, while comical and true containing some truth, was as misinformative as it might have been informative. Sure, a Canon guy mocking Nikon's naming "system" is funny, but before he starts I'm left with the impression that I'm going to be watching a "Why the hell did Nikon even introduce this anyway?!" video. Then in the next bit he states emphatically, and completely inaccurately that the D750 is "armed with the same sensor as the 610", which is utter crap!! His reviews are a combination of conjecture, misinformation and opinion, and only the last bit belongs.

If you like the guy, watch the video.

If you're seriously looking for information on the Nikon D750, don't bother, because there's nothing here. It's just a Canon guy bitching about how confusing and lost he believes Nikon is in a way that's supposed to pass as informative.

And I somehow feel both dirty and more stupid for having watched it. It's the last one I'll waste time with.

Last edited:

AC016

Kai makes me laugh once a video (mostly because he's just an ass), and by the end I always manage to feel like it wasn't worth the time spent. That has nothing to do with the information, only the delivery. Definitely more annoying than funny, but I'd rather watch him than some others out there.

That said, the intro here, while comical and true containing some truth, was as misinformative as it might have been informative. Sure, a Canon guy mocking Nikon's naming "system" is funny, but before he starts I'm left with the impression that I'm going to be watching a "Why the hell did Nikon even introduce this anyway?!" video. Then in the next bit he states emphatically, and completely inaccurately that the D750 is "armed with the same sensor as the 610", which is utter crap!! His reviews are a combination of conjecture, misinformation and opinion, and only the last bit belongs.

If you're seriously looking for information on the Nikon D750, don't bother, because there's nothing here. It's just a Canon guy bitching about how confusing and lost he believes Nikon is in a way that's supposed to pass as informative.

And I somehow feel both dirty and more stupid for having watched it. It's the last one I'll waste time with.

Speaking of "misinformation" and "inaccuracy", he is actually a Nikon guy ::what:: Why Kai Chose Nikon Over Canon

why_kai_title.jpg

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

OK. Then he's simply just a jackass, as stated above.

If you're promoting a company, or at least endorsing them, then why the hell are you sharing absolute misinformation?! Sure, we're all confused over the numbering system on the FX side since Nikon screwed the pooch with the D600. But it was shutter debris and not "dust" with the D600, and the sensor in the D750 is not the same as the D600/610 and has been stated explicitly as such by Nikon. So, to put up this piece crap just goes to show why Kai chooses Kai over all else.

Another irrelevant internet wannabe celebrity that needs to fade into oblivion.

AC016

OK. Then he's simply just a jackass, as stated above.

If you're promoting a company, or at least endorsing them, then why the hell are you sharing absolute misinformation?! Sure, we're all confused over the numbering system on the FX side since Nikon screwed the pooch with the D600. But it was shutter debris and not "dust" with the D600, and the sensor in the D750 is not the same as the D600/610 and has been stated explicitly as such by Nikon. So, to put up this piece crap just goes to show why Kai chooses Kai over all else.

Another irrelevant internet wannabe celebrity that needs to fade into oblivion.

If i remember correctly, he did state that Nikon has said the sensor is "new"; though, he voices his skepticism. If you look at the DXO scores, they are both very close in regards to performance:

Nikon D750 versus Nikon D610 - Side by side camera comparison - DxOMark

Anyhow, it's but a video and i don't think any one in their right mind would base a camera purchase on Kai's opinion alone. Let's not make a mountain out of mole hill. And yes, some people do need to "fade into oblivion". ;)

AC016

@AC016....Kai is not only a jackass....but boring as hell.....no substance there!

Hey man, different strokes for different folks. I have been watching the guy and the rest of the team at DigitalRev, for 4 years now. The reason i watch their videos? 1) i find them entertaining. 2) I miss Hong Kong. 3) a Chinese guy with a British accent... weird. Bottom line, it's entertaining. Google "Nikon D750 review" and you will come up with a truck load of other reviews. No one is subjected to solely watch this review ;)

BackdoorArts

If i remember correctly, he did state that Nikon has said the sensor is "new"; though, he voices his skepticism. If you look at the DXO scores, they are both very close in regards to performance:

Nikon D750 versus Nikon D610 - Side by side camera comparison - DxOMark

Anyhow, it's but a video and i don't think any one in their right mind would base a camera purchase on Kai's opinion alone. Let's not make a mountain out of mole hill. And yes, some people do need to "fade into oblivion". ;)

First off, if you're going to present yourself as some sort of expert, which Kai does, then I do not believe it's a simple molehill to point to the fact that he's presenting misinformation about a company he publicly represents. Not worthy of a mountain, but more than worthy of poking at with a sharp stick. He sets up the entire piece stating inaccuracies, from the D600 having "dust" (covered above), the D800 saying they didn't have an OLPF when they did (the D800e did not) and then stating explicitly in the introduction when comparing it to the D610, "Same sensor, too!" Not, "most likely the same sensor, too" or "practically the same sensor, too", which I'd give him a pass on. So I don't care what he might say later on.

As for DxOMark, I can pick and choose lots of things that are "very close in regards to performance". There are times when my golf score is very close to a professionals, but I can assure you my swing isn't the same. Could it be based on the same sensor, or a modified version of the D610 sensor? Absolutely. But that would not make it "the same sensor", and saying so is pure and simple misinformation. A lie is still a lie even if you believe it to be true.

Look, know that I'm not picking on you for posting the video. You can post as much Kai as you want. There are Kai disciples (I'm not saying you are) just as there are Ken Rockwell disciples, and as far as I'm concerned as ridiculously wrong and inaccurate as those idiots can be, I do not pass judgement on those who might ascribe to their opinions. If it entertains you, great!! There are some crappy TV shows that have been around forever that I can't stand either, so go ahead and be entertained.

But, there are folks who, like I did 4 years ago, wander onto this forum looking for some solid advice on a camera, and they don't know Kai from Fro from Kelby from Mansurov, and they're all talking about the camera. I personally shoot with both the D610 and D750 and will tell you emphatically that there is no way in hell it's the same sensor. I don't care that DxO scores it close, the proof is in the pudding, and you're not going to make up that difference in the processor alone. And if someone comes here looking to go FX and this is the first thing he sees, and he knows the wife will be less pissed if he spends the $1699 for the D610 than the $2299 for D750 then this video will convince him to go that way, because there's little here to convince him otherwise. I'm making my mountain because I'm hoping they'll whittle their way down the page and get to the guy screaming "Shenanigans!!" and maybe have a look at some other sources first. He/she should anyway, as you said. But I'm simply whacking him with a stick to remind him - and to keep this jackass from gaining one more follower.

Horoscope Fish

That was certainly one of the most pointless hands on/reviews he has done so far.
I find him entertaining (usually) but he's not the place I go for "rock solid" information.

Then too, I could say that about most of the "intarwebs photogs" we've all heard of but shall remain nameless.

TedG954

It's nice having a resident "take-a-shot-at-Nikon-every-chance-you-get" critic.

What's the point, exactly? Should we all buy Fuji? Or just a troll?

AC016

It's nice having a resident "take-a-shot-at-Nikon-every-chance-you-get" critic.

What's the point, exactly? Should we all buy Fuji? Or just a troll?

First off, Kai is a Nikon guy, as i pointed out to Jake. Secondly, Kai makes fun of/criticizes almost every camera he "reviews", whether it be Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Pentax.... I posted the video for entertainment purposes only. If it makes you feel better, i will post his "reviews" of other brands and you will see that his MO is the same.

mauckcg

I find him entertaining (usually) but he's not the place I go for "rock solid" information.

Then too, I could say that about most of the "intarwebs photogs" we've all heard of but shall remain nameless.

Usually he is, and he is good for how it handles and any glaring oddities about what he is using. This review was all about buy the 610 or 810 because this 750 is pointless.

rocketman122

I thought Leica, no?

Imo he loses credebility more and more with his clown like ways. he tries to be entertaining but in the end he ruins it for himself because hes not serious. the only person who I think does good reviews is Jared. he always has images for you to download and assess for yourself. fat..err, matt grainger is out in my book. his D750 was very suspicious. exposures werent the same. there was no detail in the shots. hes become way too snobish. hes out.

why do u get so fired up when people say the sensor is the same as the D610? I think it is as well. just tweaked. the majority of reviews I read said it and I do believe it. just like nikon never admitted that they use sony sensors. why would they admit its the same.