Micro Nikkor 60mm 2.8 lens

Curt

Anyone have this lens, and have a idea of what its worth.
I have a chance to pick one up for $260.00 CDN. It is not the D series?
Is it worth looking into?

Curt

Well it does not say its a "D" series. it just says Micro Nikkor 60mm 1:2.6.
I am assuming its a older lens, anyone know anything about the difference between the lens that says D and the one that does not? The price sounds too good to be true??

fotojack

• Nikon D: The lens is fitted with a digital sensor that tells the camera the distance at which it is focused, to allow for better exposure calculation.
  • Nikon G: The lens is not fitted with an aperture ring, and is thus incompatible with some very old Nikon film SLR bodies. All G-type lenses are also D-type.
  • Hope this answers your question, Curt.

Joseph Bautsch

Curt, a "D" lens will work just fine with your D200 and D7000. Nikon made the D version of the lens from 1993 until 2008 when it was replaced with the AF-S version. So if the lens is a D it may not be that old. If you can get the serial number you can look up the year the lens was made. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Curt

Thanks guys, the lens looks exactly like the lens that says "D" however it does not say "D" on it.
I can score it for $220.00 I talked to Chris at The Camera store and he said it was a great deal.
It looks like in perfect shape (from the picture he sent me) So I may pull the trigger on it today?

this is what Chris told me.
Optically not much difference, the 60mm D will work slightly better with
flash exposures and otherwise should be the same as the non-d. If it
suits your budget it can be a good deal. Great lens by the way, always
was super sharp.