Need some help

raggamuffin

Hi all,

Got an exhibition coming up in 10 days. 3 framed and 3 unframed works. They said the unframed would be on display in racks but that i'd have to protect/reinforce my own photos. They're x3 A3 photos that I printed and I'm unsure of the best and cheapest means to reinforce the photos to protect them? The organizer of the exhibition wasn't very specific on how to do this and that they should simply be reinforced and protected.

Any ideas?

Ed

SteveH

Could the print be mounted or glued onto card and laminated? Congratulations on the exhibition too - Can you post the shots you are displaying?

raggamuffin

I wondered about mounting them but I wasn't sure if I should glue them. Would mounting a photo involve glue? I don't have a laminater either i'm afraid. I'll have to dig out the photos as i got a lot of them to get through.

Ed

raggamuffin

DSC_0286.JPGPic 1.jpgpic 2.jpg

SteveH

Cool images! Good luck with the exhibition! With regards to glue etc., I think stationery shops, (like "Staples" in the UK) sell a fixative aerosol spray, so it's much thinner than glue and won'k soak the paper. I would think some places will laminate for a small price, maybe even libraries do it, or ask in a art / craft shop?

aroy

If you have a University or a College nearby, there would be copy shops which may also do lamination of degrees and certificates. You can also search the net for online printers who do lamination. Otherwise just paste the prints on a thick card stock, say 300 to 600 gsm.

Here in Delhi, India there are copy and lamination shops all over the city.

raggamuffin

Once something has been laminated can it be removed? These photos will be for sale and I wonder if someone would want to frame a laminated photo?

Ed

Whiskeyman

Lamination is permanent, for your purposes.

Try finding archival/protective flat plastic bags/sleeves, or clear shrink wrap bags. Those are often used to protect photos that are placed for browsing/purchase at shows. It almost seems as though you might need to place them in a "frameless" frame, which places a piece of glass or acrylic. I have no idea where you can purchase them, though. Why don't you ask for more information from the folks running the show? They may be more specific and also help you find a place to acquire the items.

I would ask a art, photography or craft supply retailer about them if you can't get more details from them.

Good luck with the exhibition and sales.

WM

raggamuffin

I did think about some A3 plastic wallets. I'd only hope the photo would fit in them if they were mounted on A3 mounting card as well. In all honesty, in a plastic wallet I don't think i'd even need to fix the photo to the card, just slip both into the wallet.

Ed