Hello from Montana

KWJams

Joined up awhile back but lost the link in my favorites.

Got my first Nikon for Father's day last year and am really enjoying it. Hope to learn all I can and share what little I know.

Nikon D5000 and I also have the Nikor 55-200mm lens and then wanted more range and got the 55-300mm Nikor and not sure what to do with the 200mm now.

Joseph Bautsch

Hi and welcome to the Nikonites Community. You can help us to help you if you will complete your profile with some information about yourself and the Nikon equipment you are using. This information lets us respond to your posts with more complete answers. Everyone is welcome here regardless of experience. Our motto is the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. We have a lot of experienced photographers here who like to talk about their Nikons and have fun at the same time. The 55-200mm is a lot of overlap in range. But Nikon lenses retain a lot of their value so if you chose to sell it you can get good money for it. Have fun shooting and enjoy.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites. Hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us do. We have a lot of fun here while we learn and share our experiences and photos with each other, so don't be shy about jumping in with yours. A wise choice on getting the 55-300. I just got this lens myself and find it to be a far better choice than the 55-200. I sold it off to buy the 300, and I don't regret it at all.
Happy shooting. :)

KWJams

Thanks for the welcome. Just polished up my profile and uploaded a recent picture that I snapped with the 300 a week ago.

Jack (whisper) I told my wife that I would sell the 200 after I get the 300. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mike150

Jack (whisper) I told my wife that I would sell the 200 after I get the 300. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I told my boss the same thing. She told me to go bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep!!!

Please note... I kept it PG rated.

Oh yea... I almost forgot. Welcome