Nikon 200-400mm AF-S VRI

flo_29

Hello,

I just got a used Nikon 200-400mm AF-S VR-1, and I noticed when I turned the camera on and looked at the viewfinder, the optics inside looks like their jumping inside the lens when I turn the camera on, is this normal? I'm assuming this is because of the VR. I tried looking it up on the manual can't seem to find it.

flo_29

I put a short video up about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFp7dYHbNiY

the optics jump up and down for like a sec than it settles down. You can hear it a bit during the end, it kind of reminds me someone knocking on your door. lol. I'm not too worried about it, just a little spooked by it. This is my first super telephoto lens from Nikon so I'm not really familiar with their technology (I'm still new to Nikon). The lens itself is super sharp and the AF-S is super fast. I'm really looking forward to using it for outdoor sports and birding.

photogramps

Don't really find your video helpful but the VR will cause the lens to appear to 'jump' for a few seconds when the shutter button is pressed, however when the VR is switched to 'Off' that should not be happening.

flo_29

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll be going to my local Nikon repair facility tomorrow to inquire more. In the mean time I've taken some shots with this beautiful lens today,

DSC_1615.jpgDSC_1620.jpgDSC_1730.jpg