My D750 is Amazing!!!

ShootRaw

Did I say how amazing this camera is? I took it out today and shot a few pics of my kids at the park..Natural light only.. The AF system is very fast and accurate..love the 51 af points..So glad I sold my D610 and got this...All these pics are SOOC JPG Files...Can't wait to have Raw support...Enjoy..;)
_DSC0007.jpg_DSC0014.jpg_DSC0016.jpg_DSC0024.jpg_DSC0041.jpg_DSC0042.jpg

Geoffc

Did I say how amazing this camera is? I took it out today and shot a few pics of my kids at the park..Natural light only.. The AF system is very fast and accurate..love the 51 af points..So glad I sold my D610 and got this...All these pics are SOOC JPG Files...Can't wait to have Raw support...Enjoy..;)
View attachment 122994View attachment 122996View attachment 122997View attachment 123004View attachment 123009View attachment 123010

Great shots, what lens is on that 750? This is not helping me be rational and stick with the 800 and 7100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ShootRaw

I feel my images are sharper due to the better AF system then my D610...I took some great images with the D610..But the D750's focus is so snappy..I love it..

STM

They look very nice.

I might even consider getting one save for one small (though big to me) detail; the shape of the viewfinder window. I still use my DR-5 right angle finder a lot when I do macro and super telephoto work because it has both a 1x and 2x objective (which greatly aids critical focusing on the ground glass of my screen). But like all of the Nikon film cameras from the F3 onward and the DX and DXXX cameras up until this one, the viewfinder window was round and threaded. I can't do anything with that square one on the D750, unfortunately.

Whiskeyman

Great shots of a couple of beautiful children. Enjoy the camera, but enjoy the children more while you can.

I just got home from a trip visiting my parents and colleges/universities with my youngest daughter. I don't think I'll be able to keep myself together when she leaves for school.

WM

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
They look very nice.

I might even consider getting one save for one small (though big to me) detail; the shape of the viewfinder window. I still use my DR-5 right angle finder a lot when I do macro and super telephoto work because it has both a 1x and 2x objective (which greatly aids critical focusing on the ground glass of my screen). But like all of the Nikon film cameras from the F3 onward and the DX and DXXX cameras up until this one, the viewfinder window was round and threaded. I can't do anything with that square one on the D750, unfortunately.

So why not get the right angle finder that fits on the rectangular viewfinder? This one isn't specified for the D750 but is compatible with many of the rectangular viewfinders of Nikon's DSLRs. It does slide on so you'd have to be careful it doesn't come off.

Nikon DR-6 Right Angle Viewfinder (Rectangular Slip-On) 4753 B&H

STM

So why not get the right angle finder that fits on the rectangular viewfinder? This one isn't specified for the D750 but is compatible with many of the rectangular viewfinders of Nikon's DSLRs. It does slide on so you'd have to be careful it doesn't come off.

Nikon DR-6 Right Angle Viewfinder (Rectangular Slip-On) 4753 B&H

For one thing, used DR-4's on Fleabay are going anywhere from 175$ to $200+ and I can't see the sense in having two. Also, I cannot be certain that the DR-4 will fit the new finder windows, they were made when there were only film cameras. And honestly, my D700 does pretty much anything I need. I should get a second body, however.

rocketman122

HEY SR. nice images. Any chance to do some 3200/4000/5000/6400/8000 iso shots of a still life image? something with blacks in it. especially in the OOF areas like the corners.

Have you tried video with it yet?

and how is the continuous AF? have you ever used a D4 before to compare? the mechanism as the D810 and D4/D4s but im not 100% sure its as quick. just wonderifng

cheers

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
For one thing, used DR-4's on Fleabay are going anywhere from 175$ to $200+ and I can't see the sense in having two. Also, I cannot be certain that the DR-4 will fit the new finder windows, they were made when there were only film cameras. And honestly, my D700 does pretty much anything I need. I should get a second body, however.

The link I posted isn't for a DR-4. It's a DR-6 and the price new is $194 (didn't look at used prices but probably are less). But I understand not wanting to spend that kind of money on one; however, you wouldn't be limited to buying only DSLRs that have the round viewfinder. ;) Just a little food for thought.

Last edited:

STM

The link I posted isn't for a DR-4. It's a DR-6 and the price new is $194 (didn't look at used prices but probably are less). But I understand not wanting to spend that kind of money on one; however, you wouldn't be limited to buying only DSLRs that have the round viewfinder. ;) Just a little food for thought.

And it is false economy to go with the el-cheapo off brand stuff out of China. The reviews on that stuff are generally pretty poor. The DR-5 I have produces very clear and sharp images through the viewfinders of my F2 (there is a small "step-down" ring for models like the F2, FM, FE, etc, which have a slightly smaller viewfinder thread. iI honestly don't know why Nikon got away from interchangeable finders with their cameras. If my memory serves me correctly, the last Nikon camera to have interchangeable finders was the F5. Miniaturization has made it entirely feasible to put all of the metering "guts" in the body rather than the finder, especially since there is all the room opened up by not having to add a film canister well and all of the film transport doo dads! The "Chimney Hood" finders were superb for close-up and macro work!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
View attachment 123009

By the way, I REALLY like the perspective on this one too as someone else already mentioned. :)

ShootRaw

HEY SR. nice images. Any chance to do some 3200/4000/5000/6400/8000 iso shots of a still life image? something with blacks in it. especially in the OOF areas like the corners.

Have you tried video with it yet?

and how is the continuous AF? have you ever used a D4 before to compare? the mechanism as the D810 and D4/D4s but im not 100% sure its as quick. just wonderifng

cheers
If I get a chance in a low-light situation I will..Jared Polin did a real-world review shooting at 6400-8000 the whole time...The results were fantastic..Can't say I have ever shot a D4 to compare..It has some great features from the D810..I was using back-button focus in AF_C with my kids..The focus is so fast...The camera is light-weight and the new grip is phenomenal...