Film SLR's

Offertonhatter

I have joined the forum, mainly to ask several questions about Film SLR's

Currently I have an F90x and FE bodies. However both have suffered a fault.

The F90x. The battery holder has decided to break up when carefully removing it from my camera. How easy is it to get a replacement? It is a bulky albeit wonderful camera and would hate to bin it.

The FE. This was given to me with a range of Ai lenses. It is cosmetically perfect, but needs new seals (not a problem) however when I put a set of new LR44 batteries in it, it just does not work. Is this common? and what is the usual cost to repair? The shutter at the M90 mode works beautifully and I would hate to use it as a door stop.

In the meantime, I do have my D50, but I am itching to use my recently given perfect Ai lenses with a film body.
I don't want to spend much to have my Nikon Film fix, but which body?

At a local classic camera store, they have a range of F3's. Lovely but pricy. some F4's again lovely but big brutes and again pricy. An F100, but not cheap. some FM's, FM2's, FE2's, but for what they are, not cheap.
Then, they have a couple of F301's(N2000) and an F501(N2020). They seem nice but don't know much about them. Any good? Oh and a dirt cheap and working F601m with a working battery and sounds good. Any good?

Much as I would love an F3 or F4, I just cannot justify at the moment.

Thoughts?