Release wo lens

Ann

Hi, can someone please tell me where I can find"release wo lens" in the menu. I have attached my camera to my telescope using an adapter and it says that there is no lens attached. Thankyou

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There is no setting for that. Just put your camera in manual mode and select your shutter speed and iso according to your needs (trial and error) for correct exposure.

paul04

@Marcel is correct, use manual mode, I have tried using the camera and telescope together, I found the moon very bright, so try it at f11 or higher.

aroy

The camera will always display that message if there is no communication between the lense and the body. This is true of the older MF lenses (which had no CPU) and in your case the Telescope. Just set the Mode Dial on M and then set the speed and ISO to suit your shots.

SteveH

@Marcel is correct, use manual mode, I have tried using the camera and telescope together, I found the moon very bright, so try it at f11 or higher.

I don't think changing you aperture will make any difference Paul, as the aperture blades are still in your camera bag fitted to the lens! :p Fast shutter speed and lower ISO will let in less light.

aroy

Telescopes are fixed aperture lenses, so are mirror lenses. So all that you have to adjust the light is ISO and the exposure.