Spare battery

bikeit

Looking to buy a spare battery, any recommendations, Nikon own branded batteries are a bit too expensive i think, do other branded batteries cause problems when in use?

Horoscope Fish

Whiskeyman

I have used off-brand batteries before, and they were a disappointment; they wouldn't hold a charge for long at all! I can't remember the brand, but after that I swore that I'd spend the extra for Nikon batteries.

I have purchased used Nikon batteries from eBay with success several times, and have not had any problems.

WM

I have some Wasabi and Watson batteries along with my Nikon batteries. I can't tell the difference in any of them. B&H gave me a spare battery with my D7100 and it was a Watson. They all use the same charger.

paul04

I was looking for a spare battery for my camera, looking on ebay and you can get some cheap one, Just reading the comments on this post,
It's worth paying the extra money and getting a good battery., Then you know it will last.

RocketCowboy

My D5300 kit came with an original Nikon battery (with the body) and an aftermarket spare. On a hunch I picked up an extra Nikon spare, but all three batteries have been performing just fine...no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carguy

I use only Nikon batteries personally. I've never had a 3rd party battery hold a charge as long as OEM in any of my cameras or other electronics.

$40 battery for a $700 body, not bad :)

Blacktop

I have bought a Wasabi battery for my D7100 a few months ago and it seems fine. I have no idea how long it holds a charge since I never let my batteries go down that low before charging. Hell, I don't even know how long my Nikon brand battery holds a charge.:indecisiveness: