Sigma 50-500

Ruidoso Bill

Shot these with my Sigma 50-500mm, the first is with a Soligor 2X Teleleconverter for 1000 mm

DSC_0028.jpg

Second is without the converter at 500 mm

DSC_0031.jpg

Last the the Sigma at 50 mm

DSC_0033.jpg

For a lower priced lens and a really cheap Teleconverter they seem to work pretty well.

Tuning everything up for a trip to our Bosque del Apace and get some bird and widlife shots, can't wait!

All three shots from same location on a tripod off my front porch.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Ah, the "Bigma". Nice lens. I wonder how this and the 150-500mm will fare with the 150-600's they've introduced. Great lens for a trip into the woods, particularly with a full frame camera and a TC.

Ruidoso Bill

Ah, the "Bigma". Nice lens. I wonder how this and the 150-500mm will fare with the 150-600's they've introduced. Great lens for a trip into the woods, particularly with a full frame camera and a TC.

I am wondering the same, Sigma offers free use (credit card Required) at the annual event, always tempting, I am planning to go 3 days prior, maybe no tent set up yet to entice the photog's, I am running out of $ Can't wait to zoom in on some nice birds. 600 X 2 sounds tempting. Also a major crop should also help at 36 mp.

Last edited: