Candles

paul04

Just had a look around the forum and could not see any posts on this.

Just a couple of pictures I've taken, testing the lighting and camera settings.

Candle.jpg

DSC_3159.jpg

paul04

I like the first one,perhaps for me though a little more space top and bottom

I was a bit limited for space (the picture was taken in the kitchen)
So I could not move back any more without getting the wall tiles in the shot.
Will get a black back ground and try again, I enjoyed doing it :)

Horoscope Fish

I only have one candle pic to share... This was taken for a class assignment, "Shoot the Alphabet": Shoot one shot representing each letter of the alphabet. Level of Difficulty: No proper names (of people, places, etc.) and you can't repeat subject matter, e.g. if you take the shot, "B is for 'B'rother"you can't use another person as, say, "P is for 'P'eople. If you shoot "B is for 'B'anana you can't do "A is for 'A'pple or "G is for 'G'rape" (no more fruit pics).

It was a lot of fun and a good assignment.
C is for Candle.jpg

C is for Candle

wornish

I only have one candle pic to share... This was taken for a class assignment, "Shoot the Alphabet": Shoot one shot representing each letter of the alphabet. Level of Difficulty: No proper names (of people, places, etc.) and you can't repeat subject matter, e.g. if you take the shot, "B is for 'B'rother"you can't use another person as, say, "P is for 'P'eople. If you shoot "B is for 'B'anana you can't do "A is for 'A'pple or "G is for 'G'rape" (no more fruit pics).

It was a lot of fun and a good assignment.

C is for Candle

Thats a tough but challenging assignment got me thinking.

Horoscope Fish

Thats a tough but challenging assignment got me thinking.
The real stumper for me was "Light"... Meaning light *AS* subject. Not light doing something to, or on, something mind you; but making light itself the subject of the photo.

As I recall we had about a 50% fail rate on that assignment... Including yours truly. *cough*

Can't win 'em all...

wornish

The real stumper for me was "Light"... Meaning light *AS* subject. Not light doing something to, or on, something mind you; but making light itself the subject of the photo.

As I recall we had about a 50% fail rate on that assignment... Including yours truly. *cough*

Can't win 'em all...

So what did you do for "Light" ?

Horoscope Fish

So what did you do for "Light"?
Self Portrait, #2.jpg

As my prof correctly pointed out, I was using light creatively but not making it the subject of my photo. I knew when I saw the other work on the crit rail I was in trouble. I made good arguments in my own defense but he was having none of it and failed me on the assignment on the spot.