Camera took a little bump.

mjackson907

Had my camera in the passenger seat and some crappy driver slammed on her brakes in front of me. I wasn't even that close nor did I even brake very hard, but the camera fell from the seat onto the floor (kinda soft rubber mat).

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and took a few pictures and viewed them on my computer and nothing seems out of sorts. What else should I look at to make sure it's ship-shape?

Thanks, Mike.

goz63

I would check focus motor, lens clarity, and the lens mount and if the camera looks OK and the above works I would breath easy. Unless you see a cracked LCD screen or something, if it works it works. Glad the idiot didn't ruin your new camera.

mjackson907

Thanks, i'll check that out. It auto-focuses fine and images are great...the lenses mount/unmount just fine so I guess that is fine.

The funny thing is, she had no need to stop. I had managed to get around her and she was too busy being on her phone to notice my obscene gesture :D (j/k about the gesture, but I sure felt like it).

Ruidoso Bill

Had my camera in the passenger seat and some crappy driver slammed on her brakes in front of me. I wasn't even that close nor did I even brake very hard, but the camera fell from the seat onto the floor (kinda soft rubber mat).

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and took a few pictures and viewed them on my computer and nothing seems out of sorts. What else should I look at to make sure it's ship-shape?

Thanks, Mike.

First thing I teach is always use a bag/case. I am glad you camera is OK!

mjackson907

I had a bag...it was in the back seat... I like to have the camera out for those quick "need to get this" shots at lights/parking lots.

theregsy

Same here glad your baby survived without incident. Mind you I would be shocked if it had been damaged by such a gentle bump. I had the misfortune, while out photographing live bands in a nightclub, to put my camera on a table while ferreting about for fresh flash batteries, some drunken !*^$ blunders by wallops the table and DSLR with flash slide off and onto the hard wooden floor. Picked it up turned it on, worked, focus shutter and everything OK, sigh of relief, but no flash (oh bugger) discovered that the impact had opened the battery door on the flash and managed to recover 3 of the 4 NiMh batteries. On fitting a fresh set of batteries it all worked as it should and is still doing so, no visible signs of damage or anything. Even funnier is the fact that I now own a D2x which is built to take that sort of thing, I dropped my Fuji S2 pro, which is slated in some reviews for lack of rugged build LOL.
Sorry for rambling, glad your camera is OK