What is this sort of mount called

jalank

Let me first thank you for viewing on my thread. I have a question and as a result of my ignorance don't even know how to go about searching for an answer in a productive way. I selected this site for no other reason than my ownership of a number of Nikon cameras.

I am looking for a name for a particular type of optical mount. It is used in the Bausch & Lomb Model N photomicrography equipment. It appears as a flared male fitting and a female fitting that is tightened into place by two thumb-screws the ends of which project into the depression of the flared male fitting. I have encountered this type of mounting before, in generic lens adapters it is often the mechanism by which a mounting ring is inserted into a lens mount. This same principle is often employed as a means of fixing a lamp globe to an overhead light.

I have seen the same mount, though in a smaller size, used in a Balda photomicrography mount.

Is there a name for this variety of mount? I have tried simply searching for threadless optical mounts but the results are nearly always some variety of bayonet. This is not a bayonet, I know that much.

I ask because I desire to incorporate a Nikon 1 J1 into the B&L photomicrography mount and wish to have an adapter which is more directly compatible than that which I now employ. I will post a photograph when I have the time.

Krs_2007

Without knowing anything about this, I tried multiple searches and settled on this. Nikon 1 J1 lens adapters, I assume you tried that. If not see if there is a picture of what the mount is you are looking for. Sounds hard to describe and is equally as hard to picture in my mind.

Did a yahoo search on the below

Nikon 1 J1 lens adapters

Doubt it will result in what you are looking for but did come up with some mounts I have never seen.

J-see

I did some search in another direction and found this guy making custom adapters. Maybe you know this page already or it isn't what you're looking for but if not, somewhere between might maybe be a description or name of that what you're looking for. You might make sense of that page, to me most is Chinese.

Making Digital Camera Microscope Adapters

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Edited this thread to remove unnecessary replies. Please only respond if you have something helpful to add.

jalank

I did some search in another direction and found this guy making custom adapters. Maybe you know this page already or it isn't what you're looking for but if not, somewhere between might maybe be a description or name of that what you're looking for. You might make sense of that page, to me most is Chinese.

Making Digital Camera Microscope Adapters

I'm actually familiar with that site and most of the information the gentleman provides. Unfortunately he does not describe the particular mount I need. More unfortunately I do not posses the equipment or expertise needed to create the mount I require, would that I had been more inclined to being a machinist.

For illustrative purposes please see the following image:
ZtmNhT.jpg

The exact dimensions are not so important as I imagine the name by which this sort of mount is known. If anyone has any familiarity with the name by which a mount of the type above illustration is known, I would be grateful.