Patrick de Bie

PatrickDeBie

Hello and good afternoon everybody. My name is Patrick de Bie (pronounced as Patrick the Bee) and I'm from the Netherlands.

I started at a young age with photography with a simple Canon Digital Ixus V2 compact camera, but after a couple of years I wanted something more and bought a Nikon D50. This was my very first DSLR.

But my photography went a bit cold, didn't put enough time into it and maybe three years ago I started again. I wanted to give myself a clean start and therefor I bougth myself a brand new Nikon D7000.
Next I replaced the kit lens with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC and later on I bought the Nikkor 50mm 1.8D. The last one became my favourite, because of the size, the weight and the way it forced me to think more about the picture I was about to take, because I couldn't zoom. Next to the camera and lenses I've got lots of stuff like tripods, flashes etc.

I'm currently still just a hobbyist and I'm trying to take my photography to the next level. So let's say. Now I take 'nice' pictures and I want to take 'Oh good lord, that awesome' pictures.
So therefor I'm hoping to learn a lot and I'm going to take lots of pictures.

Here are some of my (what I believe) best pictures.

Self portrait:
14997256294_9c12a1ed7d_c.jpg

Candle Splash:
11654803915_b173cecc8a_c.jpg

Hope to learn a lot here!

With kind regards,

Patrick de Bie

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Patrick. Nice shots. :) I'm sure you will learn something new here every day. Have fun....and keep shooting! :)

PatrickDeBie

I have to stand corrected for my intro. I don't want to take full credit for the Candle Splash picture. That picture was taken in cooperation with a friend of mine. It was his equipment and we shot lot's of pictures together that day. So it's his picture also. :)

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sure that I will have much to learn and try, but that's part of the photography adventure.

Currently I'm still searching for my 'style'. I don't have a signature style where people recognize my pictures with. So that's something I need to work at.
I do believe that I'm very font of the self portrait style which you can see in the first post of this topic. Dark, grunge and maybe a bit 'scary'. But then again, maybe I'm going to a very different direction. Don't know it yet.

What I do know is that I'm a big fan of Adrian Murray. His 500px page can be found here: https://500px.com/AdrianMurray
I just love his style! The setting, the mood, the colors and ofcourse the lovely little children and their adventures on his photos.
My favorite picture of Adrian is called Friends. You can see this one here: https://500px.com/photo/75476107/friends-by-adrian-murray?from=user

Again...Thank you for the warm welcome. And I hope that I can be of any help for any of you and that I can learn a lot from you.

Best regards,

Patrick de Bie

PatrickDeBie

Little update.

I bougth myself a pair of primes. M42 primes to be exactly.

The first one is a Auto Chinon 35mm f/2.8 and the second one (and this was the one I wanted. The seller sold them by pair) is a Rubimat Tele-Auto 135mm f/2.8.

Can't wait to try them out! :)