Converting from NEF to JPG - batch in NX2

Mal85

Hi all, I'm a newb here and with my dslr. I just purchased my Nikon D3000 last week and am having fun learning about it so far!

I am having trouble with one thing though. I have RAW files that I need to convert to JPG. I downloaded the software that came with my camera and am using NX2 right now. I don't have the funds at the moment to upgrade to Photoshop, so I downloaded a free version of Photoscape to use.

Anyway, I found instructions online that shows how to do a batch process on NX2. I followed all the instructions, but everytime I click to convert the images, it comes up saying the process failed. I've double and triple checked everything and can't figure out why they won't convert. Any help out there?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Re: Converting from NEF to JPG

Welcome to Nikonites!

I moved this to the software forum for you.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Converting from NEF to JPG

Although I haven't use NX2 extensively, only 2 things comes to mind: Have you selected too many shots to be transferred? Have you selected any shots to be transferred?

Cause even if you see all the pics in NX2, you still have to select the ones you want to transfer before you try to click on "convert".

Maybe this could work?
Welcome no Nikonites!